All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Anteater

@ TodayIsForgotten >

you've submitted two different hi-scores for Anteater. We've noticed your last submission (134,220) as well as your previous one (96,340) don't have your initials included at the snapshot. All of our other members have submitted a snapshot with their initials included.

We are a friendly community and therefore we don't want to burden our hi-score members with having to record their game or upload an INP-file or needing to validate all kind of stuff. We only ask you to submit a screenshot of your hi-score screen with your initials included or making use of Adultery's Hi-Score Snapper tool (recommended).

We initially accepted your new hi-score of 134,220 and have accepted "no or wrong initial snapshots" in the past. We're the first to admit we probably are a bit more indulgent with generally more involved GameEx community members...that is perhaps our flaw. With your skills you're however a top contender for the no.1 spot at our General Leaderboard and we feel it's fair to our other members to ask you to submit a screenshot with your initials included. Therefore we've decided to change your hi-score back to your previous score of 96,340.

Hoping for your understanding. And of course, you're still more than welcome to try and beat your hi-score and keep playing at our competition.

~ HS Team

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 4

Adultery's high score snapper works great and is easy to set up.

I don't understand why everyone does not use it.

• Like 1

I hope you will take this entry.

Anteater - 143,110

Initials show as ATF.

Included is an INP and an actual photo with my initials, the score and gameex with my logged in. If this isn't good enough. It was fun while it lasted.

inp + photo: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/80201388/file.html

"If this isn't good enough. It was fun while it lasted."... Really ?

Being able to accept criticism is part of communicating on a mature level. The competition we run is embedded in the friendly and passionate community GameEx represents. It's not all about hit-and-run high score submissions. I don't think I asked too much requesting a snapshot with your initials. You really don't have to be all sarcastic about it.

Sorry, I usually don't lose my cool but we have a very friendly community which I really treasure. I'd like to keep it this way and I'm willing to defend the values of our community any time. I hope you'll be able to accept that. Is so, then you're more than welcome to keep playing in our competition.

• Like 2

I am not entirely sure how i am being immature on this topic. I have messed my initials up every time i've played the game minus the score below my 96k. I recorded an INP because i knew i'd mess my initials up. Why would i want to play again just to have my score can stand on what is referred to as a casual and friendly community? I have played at other communities that are a bit more competitive and this has not been an issue.

I say it was fun because its not fun for me to have to constantly play a game to appease rules due to human error. If this was something like TG or something of that nature. I could understand that strictness. I played the game. I spent the time playing the game and because i am used to using right and left / button press to accept my initials and an option to backspace... that i don't have to keep playing a game until i get it right. That's messed up.

It's with anything in life. If i can't do something that is truly awkward for me because i am not used to it. I walk away. I think many people who don't like something choose to either stay or go.

Calling me a hit and run is a bit ridiculous because i'm not going to improve a score unless it get's beaten. That's just how i play. I don't take this hobby serious. I know some who do, but i have no care to improve my scores. Maybe when i was 15.

That's just it - many of us with much lower skill levels than you can enter our initials fine! It's kind of bizarre that you cannot or find it difficult. May be a good tactic in future would be to work out how to enter your initials in the in game LB before you attempt a score?

Why would i want to play again just to have my score can stand on what is referred to as a casual and friendly community? I have played at other communities that are a bit more competitive and this has not been an issue.

Exactly! We ARE casual in that all we require is you play on the right settings, and provide a screenshot with your initials - that's it! Nothing more, nothing less. We don't require an INP, a vid, someone "official" to be present next to you in your house - we require TWO things!

I say it was fun because its not fun for me to have to constantly play a game to appease rules due to human error.

But that's just it - human error. Yours. We've given you a few free passes now and it's becoming too frequent. There will come a point when anyone can submit any score with any initials. And we won't have any solid rules to stand by - coz we let you off enough times - right? We need to put our foot down on this right now.

You are a skilled player, and so it shouldn't be a problem for you to resubmit your scores with the correct initials.

• Like 3

Don't worry about it. Yes. Apparently, i have issues with my initials. Yes. It is definitely is bizarre and odd that someone who is skilled in one area cannot enter there initials. Yes. It's super bizarre that on the 3 occasions where i have done this, i have attempted to put my initials in. TII, ATIF and ATF.

I can completely understand if i had no initials or aaa or aab. It would be apparent to me that a) i don't care enough to slowly put my initials in B) i am an idiot and c) i rush.

I'm done on this site. So, don't worry about it.

Before anyone accuses me of being a baby or that is a bit harsh. It has nothing to do with that. I am not mad. I am not sad. I am not creating drama. I cannot be bothered to have wasted game play because my initials aren't entered in 100% and i'm sure i'll do it again.

Again. Please don't make this bigger than it is. Because it is not a deal - at all.

• 1 month later...

Can you share any tips? I really suck at this game.

I just eat a lot of ants and eat a lot of score-multiplying blue caterpillars. I also camp down by the screen-wiping insects at the bottom of the screen until the 4 white ants and a caterpillar are on screen.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It sounds cliché, but every second counts on Anteaters.  Those ants don't wait for you to get out of the way, so keep in mind when roughly they are expected to reappear.  Also, use the queen ants down time wisely, you can clean up a lot of the dots then.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We decided to not to bulk erase his scores system wide all at once.  There are so many games, it would require a lot of work.  Instead, we erased his name from the database and update the forum threads and tables as new scores are submitted.

Updated OP, DB, RSS