All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to run PinballX and Visual Pinball on a Secondary Display

Krakerman

To be able to do this you will need Display Fusion!

Next create a monitor profile for your current setup and save it as "Default".

Now create another monitor profile but this time change which monitor you want PinballX and Visual Pinball to run on and make that the primary monitor then save that profile as "PinballX" or whatever you wish to call it.

Now in the PinballX setup wizard you need to goto the Startup Settings and under the

Run program on startup:

Startup Program Enable: YES

Working Path: This will be the path where you installed Display Fusion

Executable: DisplayFusionCommand.exe

Parameters: -monitorloadprofile "PinballX"

Wait For Exit: YES

Hide Window: YES

Next goto the Exit Program and enter these settings:

Exit Program Enabled: YES

Working Path: This will be the path where you installed Display Fusion

Executable: DisplayFusionCommand.exe

Parameters: -monitorloadprofile "Default"

Wait For Exit: YES

Hide Window: YES

That is it!!

Note: Just so you wont keep getting Display Fusion confirm prompts from popping up make sure you go into Display Fusions Advanced Settings under Monitor Configuration ... Don't Show Confirm Prompt and set it to Confimation Prompts Are Not Shown.

This will work on more than 2 monitors as well. I am running it with 3 and my backglasses work as well without any issues. This will work with GameEx as well!!!

Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This type of setup works great if you are using PinballX and GameEx on 1 computer and want a desktop PC and a PinballX system setup together. Since Visual Pinball will run only on a primary display I needed to switch the displays which move PinballX to my secondary display. However my graphics card a nVidia GTX670 named my displays wrong as it made my PinballX monitor #1 and my HDTV as #2 so to fix that I created 2 monitor profiles in Display Fusion with the "Default" being my HDTV as #1 and PinballX as #2 and the Backglass as #3. Then created another profile "PinballX" so when I run PinballX will automatically switch those displays to HDTV #2 and PinballX as #1 and Backglass as #3 then configured PinballX to execute those profiles when I run PinballX all seemlessly.

I thought I would just explain as to why you might want to do this. Hope this helps anyone else. To fix the mouse pointer showing on the backglass I just arranged the monitors (In both monitor profiles) as:

BACKGLASS (Above PinballX monitor)

HDTV PINBALLX

Hope this helps anyone else out that uses a similar type of setup.