All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Future Pinball

Frankybabes

I am having Trouble with GameEx seeing some of my tables it sees all the exe tables but not the ones in folders which is about 60% I think it must be the command line but have no idea what to change it to :wub: any help would be very much appreciated.I have tried taking the exe file out of the folder,but it crashes and says some files are missing.so I took them all out of the folder but all the files come up in the games list in the emulator.

[Emulator]

CDCheckFile=
CDCheck=False
RandomMostPlayed=True
ShowMostPlayed=True
PlayInScreenSaver=False
GamesIn7Zips=False
PCGame=False
SelectionMusicFolder=
PlaySelectionMusic=False
DontShowInfo=
PlayMusic=False
CustomBackground=
ExcludedFiles=
LaunchAfter=
LaunchBefore=
OLDatZip=
AlsoLaunch=
Debug=False
ShowDesktop=True
RemoveBrackets=True
Capitals=False
ReplaceUnder=True
ReplaceDash=False
SendKeys=
WaitBeforeKeys=
MapKeys=True
WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\Future Pinball
ControlPanelPath=C:\Assets\Future Pinball\Controls
ManualPath=
CartPath=
BoxPath=
TitlePath=
SnapPath=C:\Assets\Future Pinball\Snaps
RomPath=J:\Pinball Tables
MapFile=
ConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)
Database=[Pinball] Future Pinball
RomFilter=
Command="Future Pinball.exe" /open "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" /play /exit
StartPageLogo=Future Pinball
StartPageName=[Pinball] Future Pinball
TitleText=Future Pinball
Info=Future Pinball is a real time Pinball Development System. It allows you to design and play your very own pinball simulation in True real time 3D.
Website=http://www.futurepinball.com/
RequiredFiles=
DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/FuturePinball.7z
Rating=
Version=1.9.1.20101231
Emulator=Future Pinball
Category=Pinball
System=Pinball
Enabled=True
VideoSnapPath=
lastgame=
BakSnapPath=

He said he can run the EXE ones fine, not the others. You might try (like DazzleHP suggested) putting your rom filter to *.fpt rather than EXE. To be honest, I'm not sure what the EXE's are for. I just checked mine (and realized I need to do a MAJOR overhaul on my setup) and the only EXE I have is for FuturePinball itself. Adding the Scan Sub Folders will help too if your tables are in subfolders (like mine are).

• Like 2

Thanks tried everything you said, Scan Sub Folders worked fine but showed all the files,so i tied the *.exe and got no files or tables so I thought is it an exe? so I examined the table files they have an extension of *.fpt so I tried that and VIOLA!!! it works fine. Thank for the help :) Best site on the Internet :D

YAY!! Glad it helped! Future Pinball is awesome. The physics are much better than Visual Pinball. I don't care much for all the flashy 3D stuff they got going on though, like the opening animation of walking up to the table, and being able to look around while playing. Whats the point of all that? But for PLAYING experience, Future Pinball is great. Now all we need is for VPinMAME to make a FPinMAME so we can get some real Recreated Tables that use ROMs and I'd be a happy guy!

Got another problem now only found out when trying to play the tables, every table comes up with "Pinball mediation error-script error" went on the "GoPinball.com" site and they say it has to be run as an administrator!I tried it outside of GameEx and it works! but how do you run as administrator within Game\EX?

yea that did the trick, also altering the screen settings! it was set to full screen and wide screen,NO! set it to your screen resolution mine is 1920x1200 then it runs fine

Eh? Hard to tell what it is, no graphics loading. I don't quite have the time to fiddle with another new pinball thing ATM.

Fair enough, but if you do decide to try it all you really need to do is replace your vpinmame.dll in your visual pinball install with the new unity one and then take a look here...

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13912-unity3d-pinball-alpha-and-gameex/

It is still early in development so you may still want to wait a bit.