All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Old School Fallout Games for FREE

nullPointer

Dudes, have I got a deal for you. GOG is running a very limited time promotion where you can score Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free. They've run a similar promotion in the past, but free is free, and if you haven't played these legendary post apocalyptic RPGs you really should treat yourself.

It's a limited time deal though, so better strike while the iron's hot!

• Like 2

I actually have these for Xbox 360 and have yet to play them. WHAT?! I know.. I been too busy with other stuff. And they keep making more and more new games that I wanna play too. Hell, I just played Assassin's Creed (the first one) for the first time like 2 months ago. This is definitely a series I'm looking forward to playing when I get around to it. :)

Hell, I just played Assassin's Creed (the first one) for the first time like 2 months ago.

That's so funny that you mention it man, I'm playing through the first game in the Assassins's Creed series for the first time right now! I've always been interested in the series and so far it seems pretty solid. Having said that, the in-game missions do start to feel a bit "same-y" and "grind-y" after a while but the story certainly strings you along. The parkour bits are also quite well done, and once you get the hang of it the combat does a good job of making you feel like a badass deadly assassin. Travel through history, meet interesting people, and kill them! Whee!

Any hoo, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts too.

That's so funny that you mention it man, I'm playing through the first game in the Assassins's Creed series for the first time right now! I've always been interested in the series and so far it seems pretty solid. Having said that, the in-game missions do start to feel a bit "same-y" and "grind-y" after a while but the story certainly strings you along. The parkour bits are also quite well done, and once you get the hang of it the combat does a good job of making you feel like a badass deadly assassin. Travel through history, meet interesting people, and kill them! Whee!

Any hoo, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts too.

Yeah I enjoyed the game. I too was a bit let down about the grind and repeat missions. I liked the parkour stuff but wasn't too fond of the "find the flags" missions your 'pals' give you. Oh and speaking of find the flags, unless you're obsessed with getting 100%, it's not worth it finding all the flags from the different kingdoms and stuff.

@Han and null - The first AC can be particularly repetitive at times i agree but it was the first. Stick with the franchise and play them through though - they get more varied and less repetitive (though there is always something to collect 100 of, for the 100%'ers) so you won't be disappionted :) I love the story though and AC is easily one of my fave all time franchises. I've yet to play Black Flag (anyone up for donating £30 to a bum? :P ) but just look at the vids for it! Stunning!

As for Fallout well i just recently started Fallout 3 :huh: so i doubt i'll have time for the old school isometrics. Thanks for the share as always though null! B)