All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

@Krakerman That fixed the issue I was having Krakerman! Thanks!

@Adultery Thanks! The files you mentioned were in the zip file prepared by Krakerman.

Thanks for all the help. It's up and working great.

Do you guys know where I can change the art view options for the emulator screens. I seem to like the box art on the left more than the snap or title screens. It seems hit or miss on what it picks. Is there a way I can change the default to always select box art?

yes you are right on about the naming of the systems my way might not be the same as everyone else's. You just need to go in and change the names to match yours or you can just change it in the setup wizard to match mine, but you already figured that out. Yes I have thought about a High Scores Competition theme and I am working on a design. Glad you got it up and running.

I plan on installing this this weekend, and have a followup question regarding this.

What exactly does this entail (the bit I've highlighted above)? e.g. my "mame all games" has been changed in the custom text to "coin-op" (or something like that), and "emulated games" is "console & computer". I don't want to change my custom text, but I do want everything to work correctly.

Cheers,

Example:

My Nintendo 64 emulator in GameEx is named Nintendo 64 so the theme filename is Theme_Background_Nintendo 64 and Theme_Background_Nintendo 64_Foreground.

Your system might have it named as Nintendo N64 so you would have to change the theme name to Theme_Background_Nintendo N64 and Theme_Background_Nintendo N64_Foregorund.

Same for the goes for the _scroller and the cfg setting for that theme you would need to change their names as well. Just look at the names in my theme and it should give you an idea of how the naming works for each system. Just change it to what you have them setup on yours and it will work just fine.

Naming of systems is really up to each person some people prefer it another way than others so for you ... you just need to change the names to match whatever you have each emulator setup as on your system. Custom Menus don't affect how it will work just as long as you point them to the correct emulators and logos.

Hope that helps.

@chrismcd Glad you like it. Try setting up your box art folder in the setup wizard if the box doesn't display then point your title art to your box art. Title art displays before box art will or just remove the title art that way it will default to your box art.

Neo Geo CD done!

Loving this theme Krak, but I have a question. When I use the GameEx in-game pause feature to view manuals, etc. The theme backgrounds do not display. Instead, I get a solid black background. I may have something wrong in my settings? Any suggestions?

Ok I tried out the in-game pause feature tonight after I got home from work and mine goes to the default start theme. If you installed my fix here then this should fix the black screen issue. However I think this might be an issue to mention to Tom because it doesn't goto the default theme setup for that emulator like you would think unless I missing something here. I even in the emulator setup selected the custom background to the set systems and it didn't help at all. Also I notice that when you used the in-game pause feature and then return to the game and then exit the emulator and go back to your game list it actually goes back to the pause menu then you esc back from that to your game list. So those are the two issues that I have seen with this feature so we might need to bring this up to Tom and see what he says.

@MNMax21 Ok here is the GameroomEX v2 basic theme without any logo or images with the exception of MAME which has the cabinets at the top. For anyone else who migh be wondering what this is well I stripped everything off of the GameroomEX v2 front page this way you can put your own logos or name for your HTPC or Arcade Cabs. Enjoy!

I am going to go back and remove the GameEX Community Scores on all the themes as I think that text that is below the RSS Feed just doesn't look good to me plus removing it will allow you to put any feed you want in the box.

See my last post on the Hi-Score Competition theme to see what it looks like without the text.

Ok finished up the GameEx Hi-Score Competition theme! ;)

Hope you guys like it.

Very nice !! I especially like the Walter Day image you've added :)

Thank you Krak for this unique theme !! Amazing work :)

I am going to go back and remove the GameEX Community Scores on all the themes as I think that text that is below the RSS Feed just doesn't look good to me plus removing it will allow you to put any feed you want in the box.

See my last post on the Hi-Score Competition theme to see what it looks like without the text.

You mean the "GameEx Community High Scores" image ? I agree and I think it's looking more clean now.

Again, thank you for this amazing theme :)B)

No problem. :) Just happy with the great responses I've gotten for it. Going in and cleaning it up and removing that text. Does look much cleaner.

How do you like the new front screen I made?

After messing about with this for so long it just felt like it needed a bit more color to it and not so yellow and orange. For me I like the newer look on my system.

I already liked the initial title screen. The new "green version" is also looking very good ;) I however kind of liked the raster look and I personally think the green shouldn't become too bright / fluorescent (i think it's ok now). These are just minor details. Either way is fine with me :)

This theme gives me a reason to start installing more systems besides Mame :) Thanks man.

Thanks man! I darkened the green oh so slightly and added some arcade graphics to the screen of the cabs at the top which works really good I think.

Yes ... I am also looking for and finding new systems to add as well as creating themes for my Gameroom. :)

Wait til EVO comes out and then I can really do some more creative things with this theme. Designing and creating themes of this magnitude is a long process thou as you have seen it's taking me about 9 months just to get to this stage with this theme.