All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

I took a picture from the top of my old Cosmic ark cart. Worked some magic and added the layers to the Cosmic Ark (USA).7z in my previous post. It's yours if you want it. I have a bunch of Imagic games with this type of CartTop. I'll continue that pattern for the rest of the Imagic games on my list.

BTW: Cosmic Ark is my favorite Atari 2600 Game, you can tell can't you. Ah, nostalgia. LOL

Excellent work guys. i see alot of 2600 game themes coming on the horizon. Might I suggest anyone wanting to do themes for Gameroom run them thru Krakerman so that we have one depository and one map file. He can release the paks and map file as he gets or makes enough for each set.

Yeah, I'm not sure how he wants to do that. I think he's still going to release his own work in the packs. I haven't decided how I will release mine, here or a separate thread for Alternative GameRoomEX2.0 Themes. If I do the latter then I'll post a link to the thread here. As for map files. It's not that difficult to do yourself. You can open it in excell, add "TitleName.png|RomName" to the list. Sort the list alphabetically and save as a text file (It will warn you about loosing "features" but thats fine).

Like I said I'm not sure how far I'm going with this. For now I'm just doing these:

Atlantis

Boxing

Centipede

Cosmic Ark

Fathom

Galaxian

GORF

Ice Hockey

Journy Escape

Laser Blast

Miner 2049er

Moon Patrol

Moon Sweeper

No Escape

Phoenix

Pole Position

Raiders of the lost ark

Return Of the Jedi

Riddle of the Sphinx

Solar Storm

Star Voyage

vanguard

post-10261-0-58092600-1407177949_thumb.p

post-10261-0-16249600-1407190271_thumb.p

post-10261-0-93670000-1407196382_thumb.p

• Like 2

@RIP-Felix, that cool. I'm sure Krakerman appreciates any help he can get. I had a thought. Could a generic theme be created that shows box art that says coming soon. One could take that theme and rename it to any of the 2600 games in the database. The game theme would open for that game showing boxart saying coming soon, but still play the correct movie. In fact, one could duplicate that theme for all the games in the 2600 database. A user would know what games still need themes made because the game would show the generic theme when played in GameEX. This way all games would be avaulable for play until a game theme is made for each of them.

Creating the Map would take awhile, but that could conceivably be done.

EDIT: It's pretty simplistic, but you could add overlays to it if you want, pics of favorite Atari Characters and etc. I really don't want to map this for every game, so I'll leave that to you.

post-10261-0-67266000-1407187526_thumb.p

Ok here is my first release! It includes the games stuckthrough below. I think they turned out pretty good. Krackerman already did Cosmic ark, but I like mine better. You can choose which to keep. Choices are always good ;) . Also, since he released the template, you can now make your own!

Atlantis

Boxing

Centipede

Cosmic Ark

Fathom

Galaxian

GORF

Ice Hockey

Journy Escape

Laser Blast

Miner 2049er

Moon Patrol

Moon Sweeper

No Escape

Phoenix

Pole Position

Raiders of the lost ark

Return Of the Jedi

Solar Storm

Star Voyage

vanguard

INSTALLING:

I used the same folder tree lauout Krackerman is for his releases, so it will be familiar. Also, the Map file is current to Pak 6 + mine. So, you can just replace your old one. Krackerman can simply add to my existing Map for his next release, If he want's. Otherwise I'm keeping track of the changes, and will add to his most current Map, Seamless integration, that's the goal. Enjoy!

EDIT:

Please redownload if you donloaded prior to 12:54 pm Pacific Time 8/6/2014.

- updated the map file.

- Updated Imagic CartTop image to conform to Krackerman's

RIP-Felix's Atari 2600 Game Pak 1.7z

I would like to make a small contribution to Krakerman's excellent theme. Attached is a map file that includes all 648 Hyperspin roms. These are named as Krakerman is naming his game themes. Using the default theme that Felix make. I've started making default themes for all 648 roms that have not already been done by Krakerman. Attatched is the map file and paks for games 0-9 and games starting with "A". I will work to complete them all so that Krakerman theme will display a game theme for all the games in the map file. As Krakerman and others make new themes, the default screens can be written over.

Well, done my man! I't's a good idea for those who want access to all the games in the interim. As for updating, it should be as simple as adding the new "title.png" to the titles folder and overwriting the placeholer image :D!

I wonder if there's a way to auto create copys of an image each with a different name acording to a map or database? That would make this process easier and less downloading. Someone good with batch script might be able to do it. I'm not that guy...LOL.

You did good B)

Thanks Felix. Yes very time comsuming. I'm also not the one for the batch script. Perhaps Adultry ot Tempest might be willing to give their expertise. They could use the map file I made and make them all in quick order. if a placeholder was made for the various systems, I think a lot of users would contribute their time to make game themes as you are doing.

@Felix - All game themes are good. My setup has never looked better. My kids and their friends are actually playing old school games because of this great theme. @Krakerman I plan on getting all the default themes done ASAP. I need for you to put them on your download page so as I make new paks I can delete my old ones. GameEx only allows me 25 megs of upload, so I will run out of upload space long before I reach "Z". @Krakerman and Felix. Neither of you should have to include map files in your paks now as users can use the one I uploaded. Unless you want to do games not in the Hyperspin map file. In that case, we can add them to my map file and them all use it.

I think your missing an attachment above. ;)

Adding it will not be a problem might be best if I add everything to the first page because everything is really getting scattered across this massive post. I will look over this the next few days and update it.

ISSUE:

I just noticed that for most games the map file I or Krackerman have released won't actuality work to load my roms. I'm using mess. The game will load fine without the map file, and even display the correct title image. I tried krackermans latest map (Pak 6) and the games display with all the art, but won't load when launched.

I'm not sure if my roms conform to the same naming convention as everyone elses though. Ex: "3D Tic-Tac-Toe (32 in 1) (PAL).bin"

Any ideas?