All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PCSX2 Loader

stigzler

Any of you guys using PCSX2 with GameEx. If so, what loader are you using?

I was using pcsx2Lunch until the generate exe function stopped working.

Now using pcsx2Bonus, but no option to batch process generating exe files (although the individual game configuration works a treat)

Just wondering how you guys are getting GameEx interfacing with Pcsx2? Launching a loader via command line from GE, or pointing directly to .exe files?

Cheers

PCSX2 doesn't need a loader.

For me I wrote an AHK script that will run before launching PCSX2 that will copy the pcsx2 config files for each particular game (they are stored in a seperate folder outside PCSX2) I select. So each game will have it's own memory card (using the naming system as my games) and the config files. Reason being as some games need to be configured differently to work and I like being able to have a memory card for each game that are seperate of each other.

This is something that I made specific for my system and setup.

I'm using PCSX2 quite successfully with GameEx but not using a loader. Ripped all my old games and run them as isos. Plus they run at 4x resolution! they dont even need antialiasing. Couple things - I made 2x 32Mb virtual memory cards so all my game save fit on them - otherwise it would be a pain to have to go into PCSX2 manually to switch them if they wew 8Mb ones and full as some ps2 games wont run if they cant save.

The only reason to use a loader instead of PCSX2 itself is to change PCSX2's own plugin settings on a per game basis. So far with me few dozen games , I dont need to do that, but I did look into it and it looked a little tricky to set up cuz I didnt know which of the 2 main PCSX2 launchers to use. I'd like to run one game in software mode cuz it has video playback problems in cut scenes when running in DX11 hardware mode- but otherwise it doesnt affect gameplay. Also I'd like to get cheat code combo playback for a gamepad to work but havent been able to figure that out.

But what I have works. This is my command line in case it helps:

pcsx2-r5350.exe --nogui "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

You nailed the head on the hammer, snarls - I need to set up configs for each game separately - for e.g. Running GranTourismo 4 which requires some pretty esoteric settings. Also, using custom shader in that too, so need them linked.

Sounds like you got it nailed, Kraker, although an AHK script is waaayy beyond me!

Hmmm... another unsolved snag for my cab setup :( - I'll chuck it on the list :)

hey stigzler, let me know how you get on, I'll post back if I end up having the time to fiddle with getting a pcsx2 launcher working... :)

AHK copying files seems fiddly to get working, it makes more sense to me to just have gameex launch the launcher (like pcsx2 Lunch http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2Lunch-a-simple-launcher-for-PCSX2 ) to handle the configs and pcsx2 settings for you...

Thanks snarls. Used PSCX2Lunch for a while. You can pass things through command line to it + it will launch games. However, you have to pass the game 'code number' to it to have it launch - couldn't figure a way to get gameex to do that, so used the .exe route instead.... until that stopped working.

• 6 months later...