All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Project Tempest - how do I kill it?

Scott Petty

I love Project Tempest because it runs one of the greatest games of all time - Tempest 2000 - perfectly. Virtual Jaguar struggles with the same game. Using tips and a wrapper that I picked up from this forum, I've got Project Tempest running well through GameEX. The only problem is that GameEX and I don't know how to close Project Tempest after each game... the game stops but Project Tempest keeps running in the background. Eventually everything bogs down and goes buggy because on or more copies of Project Tempest are merrily running in the background.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

GameEx.ini

log.txt

I hate to say it, but this sounds like an issue with the wrapper more so than Project Tempest or GameEx. Remember that when you use a wrapper for the purposes of launching an emulator, the wrapper actually is the emulator as far as GameEx knows. It's the wrapper that needs to be in charge of both launching and exiting the emulator (otherwise the emulator is only half 'wrapped' :)). So it sounds like GameEx is exiting from the wrapper just fine, but the wrapper isn't closing Project Tempest upon exit.

It might help to contact the author of the wrapper ... but if we're talking about this wrapper, I'm not sure the chance of a getting a response is exceedingly promising. :(

Taking the above into account, there still might be a way ... are you able to exit Project Tempest via some key combination? Like Alt+F5, Esc, or something similar? If that's possible you could probably setup an advanced config in GameEx to properly exit Project Tempest. Sorry, this is not an emulator I use, but if there is a way to exit it via key presses, you can probably configure GameEx to make it happen.