All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Dreamcast .gdi files in subfolders....

Scott Petty

I have my Dreamcast media setup as .gdi files each in it's own folder. Specifically, the directory structure is:

E:\Emulation\Sega Dreamcast\Media\Disc Images\(Game Name)\(.gdi file and multiple.bin and .raw files)

Is there a way to setup NullDC and GameEX so that the front end scans the subfolders and finds the .gdi files and lists them in the games list for the Dreamcast? I would pull them all out to the root "Disc Images" directory, but most of them contain generic files with the same names like track01.bin and track02.raw...

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott

On the Advanced Emulator Setup screen, you'll find a setting called Scan Sub Folders. Changing that setting to Yes should allow you to configure your ROM directories in the way you describe here. You would set your ROM directory to be the 'parent' directory which houses all the sub-directories (which in turn contain your disc images).

Good luck!

• Like 1