All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Dreamcast setup

Frankybabes

I have Just installed nullDC Dreamcast emulator, and its working fine BUT!! when I select a game from the list at the bottom left it just goes to the emulator and doesn`t load the game I choose, as it does on other emulators eg: SNES,Future Pinball,Mame.etc is it something I have set up wrong?It will load the game by selecting play from the top left menu and pointing to the folder & then selecting the rom.

as you would on a PC,but that is defeating the whole concept of GameEx.I have set up the emulator in game wizard to point to the correct folder and done a verify and I said earlier it shows the games but does not play them. :rolleyes:

ut that is defeating the whole concept of GameEx isn`t it

[Emulator]

CDCheckFile=

StartPageLogo=Sega Dreamcast

StartPageName=[Console] Sega Dreamcast (nullDC)

TitleText=Sega Dreamcast

Info=Sega Dreamcast emulator

RequiredFiles=dc_boot.bin, dc_flash.bin, d3d9.dll, d3dx9_42.dll, msvcr100.dll

Rating=8.1

Version=1.0.4

Emulator=nullDC

Category=Console

System=Sega Dreamcast

Enabled=True

Command=nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe -config ImageReader:DefaultImage="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

RomFilter=*.cdi;*.gdi

Database=[Console] Sega Dreamcast

ConfigFile=[Mapping On] Exit nullDC (Process Close)

MapFile=

RomPath=J:\Dreamcast Roms

SnapPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\Snaps

TitlePath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\Titles

BoxPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\Boxes

CartPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\Cartridges

ManualPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\Manuals

ControlPanelPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\Controls

WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\nullDC

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=False

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=False

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

AlsoLaunch=

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=False

DontShowInfo=

PlaySelectionMusic=False

SelectionMusicFolder=

PCGame=False

GamesIn7Zips=False

PlayInScreenSaver=False

ShowMostPlayed=True

RandomMostPlayed=True

CDCheck=False

I think there's a trick to this but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is... it had something to do with the nullDC config file.

My Dreamcast setup works - but I set it up a long time ago, so I cant recall if there were any tricks - though this is my .ini exported in case it helps you:

[Emulator_17]Enabled=TrueSTARTPAGENAME=02.  Sega Dreamcast (nullDC)TITLETEXT=Sega DreamcastStartPageLogo=Sega DreamcastROMFilter=*.cdi;*.gdiRomPath=C:\Roms\Sega Dreamcast\RomsRomsInFolders=TrueSnapPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\SnapsTitlePath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\TitlesBoxPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\BoxesCartPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\CartridgesManualPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\ManualsControlPanelPath=C:\Assets\Sega Dreamcast\ControlsInstructionsPath=WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\nullDC_104_r136MapKeys=TrueWaitBeforeKeys=SendKeys=ReplaceDash=FalseReplaceUnder=TrueCapitals=FalseRemoveBrackets=TrueShowDesktop=TrueDebug=FalseMAPFile=AlsoLaunch=Command=nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe -config nullDC:Emulator.Autostart=1 -config ImageReader:LoadDefaultImage=1 -config ImageReader:DefaultImage="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"LaunchBefore=LaunchAfter=configFile=[Mapping On] Exit nullDC (Process Close)ExcludedFiles=CustomBackground=PlayMusic=FalseDontShowInfo=PlaySelectionMusic=FalseSelectionMusicFolder=PCGame=FalseDatabase=[Console] Sega DreamcastUseDbName=GamesIn7Zips=FalseMergeSets=PlayInScreenSaver=FalseShowMostPlayed=TrueRandomMostPlayed=TrueCDCheck=FalseCDCheckFile=CustomArtName1=CustomArtPath1=CustomArtName2=CustomArtPath2=CustomArtName3=CustomArtPath3=System=Sega DreamcastCategory=ConsoleEmulator=nullDCVersion=1.0.4Rating=8.1DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/nullDC.7zRequiredFiles=dc_boot.bin, dc_flash.bin, d3d9.dll, d3dx9_42.dll, msvcr100.dllWebsite=http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/Info=Sega Dreamcast emulatorOLDatZip=lastgame=
  • Like 1

As Adultery mentioned, I believe the trick actually involves the nullDC.cfg file found in the same directory as your nullDC executable. I believe you'll want to ensure that your nullDC.cfg file contains the following settings (they probably won't be right next to each other like I'm showing here):

Emulator.AutoStart=1...LoadDefaultImage=1

These settings will work in conjunction with the ImageReader:DefaultImage="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" parameter of your command line, which will set the loaded image as the default image and will forgo the need to select an image from the menu (i.e. the game will be launched directly via the command line)

Here's my working nulldc.cfg in case it helps.

Mine dont have what you mentioned, nullPointer, though I dont have this problem...?

EDIT: Duh, check my commandline in my previous post above it says what nullpointer said:

Command=nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe -config nullDC:Emulator.Autostart=1 -config ImageReader:LoadDefaultImage=1 -config ImageReader:DefaultImage="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

so this commandline will override what is in your nulldc.cfg file...

;; nullDC config file;;[nullDC]Dynarec.Enabled=1Dynarec.DoConstantPropagation=1Dynarec.SafeMode=1Dynarec.UnderclockFpu=0Dreamcast.Cable=3Dreamcast.RTC=1973472696Dreamcast.Region=3Dreamcast.Broadcast=4Emulator.AutoStart=0Emulator.NoConsole=0[nullDC_plugins]GUI=nullDC_GUI_Win32.dllCurrent_PVR=drkPvr_Win32.dllCurrent_GDR=ImgReader_Win32.dllCurrent_AICA=nullAICA_Win32.dllCurrent_ARM=vbaARM_Win32.dllCurrent_ExtDevice=nullExtDev_Win32.dllCurrent_maple0_5=PuruPuru_Win32.dll:0Current_maple0_0=drkMapleDevices_Win32.dll:2Current_maple0_1=drkMapleDevices_Win32.dll:2Current_maple1_5=NULLCurrent_maple2_5=NULLCurrent_maple3_5=NULLCurrent_maple0_2=NULLCurrent_maple0_3=NULLCurrent_maple0_4=NULLCurrent_maple1_0=NULLCurrent_maple1_1=NULLCurrent_maple1_2=NULLCurrent_maple1_3=NULLCurrent_maple1_4=NULLCurrent_maple2_0=NULLCurrent_maple2_1=NULLCurrent_maple2_2=NULLCurrent_maple2_3=NULLCurrent_maple2_4=NULLCurrent_maple3_0=NULLCurrent_maple3_1=NULLCurrent_maple3_2=NULLCurrent_maple3_3=NULLCurrent_maple3_4=NULL[nullDC_GUI]AutoHideMenu=1Fullscreen=1AlwaysOnTop=0[drkpvr]Emulation.AlphaSortMode=1Emulation.PaletteMode=1Emulation.ModVolMode=0Emulation.ZBufferMode=0Emulation.TexCacheMode=0OSD.ShowFPS=1OSD.ShowStats=0Video.ResolutionMode=1Video.VSync=0Enhancements.MultiSampleCount=0Enhancements.MultiSampleQuality=0Enhancements.AspectRatioMode=1[ImageReader]PatchRegion=0LoadDefaultImage=0DefaultImage=defualt.gdiLastImage=C:\Roms\Sega Dreamcast\Roms\Jet Grind Radio\Jet Grind Radio.CDI[nullAica]BufferSize=4096LimitFPS=1HW_mixing=0SoundRenderer=1GlobalFocus=1BufferCount=1CDDAMute=0GlobalMute=0DSPEnabled=0Volume=90[nullExtDev]mode=0adapter=0[ndc_hookjoy]PortA_CONT_C=66PortA_CONT_B=88PortA_CONT_A=86PortA_CONT_START=16PortA_CONT_DPAD_UP=1PortA_CONT_DPAD_DOWN=40PortA_CONT_DPAD_LEFT=37PortA_CONT_DPAD_RIGHT=39PortA_CONT_Z=77PortA_CONT_Y=90PortA_CONT_X=67PortA_CONT_DPAD2_UP=0PortA_CONT_DPAD2_DOWN=0PortA_CONT_DPAD2_LEFT=0PortA_CONT_DPAD2_RIGHT=0PortA_CONT_ANALOG_UP=73PortA_CONT_ANALOG_DOWN=75PortA_CONT_ANALOG_LEFT=74PortA_CONT_ANALOG_RIGHT=76PortA_CONT_LSLIDER=65PortA_CONT_RSLIDER=83PortB_CONT_C=66PortB_CONT_B=88PortB_CONT_A=86PortB_CONT_START=16PortB_CONT_DPAD_UP=38PortB_CONT_DPAD_DOWN=40PortB_CONT_DPAD_LEFT=37PortB_CONT_DPAD_RIGHT=39PortB_CONT_Z=77PortB_CONT_Y=90PortB_CONT_X=67PortB_CONT_DPAD2_UP=0PortB_CONT_DPAD2_DOWN=0PortB_CONT_DPAD2_LEFT=0PortB_CONT_DPAD2_RIGHT=0PortB_CONT_ANALOG_UP=73PortB_CONT_ANALOG_DOWN=75PortB_CONT_ANALOG_LEFT=74PortB_CONT_ANALOG_RIGHT=76PortB_CONT_LSLIDER=65PortB_CONT_RSLIDER=83PortC_CONT_C=66PortC_CONT_B=88PortC_CONT_A=86PortC_CONT_START=16PortC_CONT_DPAD_UP=38PortC_CONT_DPAD_DOWN=40PortC_CONT_DPAD_LEFT=37PortC_CONT_DPAD_RIGHT=39PortC_CONT_Z=77PortC_CONT_Y=90PortC_CONT_X=67PortC_CONT_DPAD2_UP=0PortC_CONT_DPAD2_DOWN=0PortC_CONT_DPAD2_LEFT=0PortC_CONT_DPAD2_RIGHT=0PortC_CONT_ANALOG_UP=73PortC_CONT_ANALOG_DOWN=75PortC_CONT_ANALOG_LEFT=74PortC_CONT_ANALOG_RIGHT=76PortC_CONT_LSLIDER=65PortC_CONT_RSLIDER=83PortD_CONT_C=66PortD_CONT_B=88PortD_CONT_A=86PortD_CONT_START=16PortD_CONT_DPAD_UP=38PortD_CONT_DPAD_DOWN=40PortD_CONT_DPAD_LEFT=37PortD_CONT_DPAD_RIGHT=39PortD_CONT_Z=77PortD_CONT_Y=90PortD_CONT_X=67PortD_CONT_DPAD2_UP=0PortD_CONT_DPAD2_DOWN=0PortD_CONT_DPAD2_LEFT=0PortD_CONT_DPAD2_RIGHT=0PortD_CONT_ANALOG_UP=73PortD_CONT_ANALOG_DOWN=75PortD_CONT_ANALOG_LEFT=74PortD_CONT_ANALOG_RIGHT=76PortD_CONT_LSLIDER=65PortD_CONT_RSLIDER=83local_port=0server_addr=192.168.1.33server_port=11122[drkMaple]VMU.Show=1Mouse.Sensitivity=100ShowVMU=1[PuruPuru_Pad_1]l_shoulder=B4r_shoulder=B5a_button=B0b_button=B1x_button=B2y_button=B3start_button=B7dpad_up=H1dpad_down=H4dpad_left=H8dpad_right=H2main_x_left=A1-main_x_right=A1+main_y_up=A0-main_y_down=A0+halfpress=-1deadzone=24pakku_intensity=100pakku_length=175keyboard=0joy_id=0controllertype=0[PuruPuru_Pad_2]l_shoulder=-1r_shoulder=-1a_button=-1b_button=-1x_button=-1y_button=-1start_button=-1dpad_up=-1dpad_down=-1dpad_left=-1dpad_right=-1main_x_left=-1main_x_right=-1main_y_up=-1main_y_down=-1halfpress=-1deadzone=24pakku_intensity=100pakku_length=175keyboard=0joy_id=0controllertype=0[PuruPuru_Pad_3]l_shoulder=-1r_shoulder=-1a_button=-1b_button=-1x_button=-1y_button=-1start_button=-1dpad_up=-1dpad_down=-1dpad_left=-1dpad_right=-1main_x_left=-1main_x_right=-1main_y_up=-1main_y_down=-1halfpress=-1deadzone=24pakku_intensity=100pakku_length=175keyboard=0joy_id=0controllertype=0[PuruPuru_Pad_4]l_shoulder=-1r_shoulder=-1a_button=-1b_button=-1x_button=-1y_button=-1start_button=-1dpad_up=-1dpad_down=-1dpad_left=-1dpad_right=-1main_x_left=-1main_x_right=-1main_y_up=-1main_y_down=-1halfpress=-1deadzone=24pakku_intensity=100pakku_length=175keyboard=0joy_id=0controllertype=0[Xmaple]Controller.DeadZone=25PuruPuru.UseRealFrequency=1PuruPuru.Length=175PuruPuru.Intensity=100
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies I copied your command lines into set up wizard and everything is working fine :) at last!!! thanks again. Regards frankybabes