All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Battlefield 4

Stu1983

Have we any Battlefield players on the forum?

I play from time to time myself, though haven't had much time lately.

Battlefield 4 Beta out tomorrow it would be nice to see a few familiar names.

My Origin username is Stu221983 if you want to add me.

I don't really play PC games very much anymore. Mostly just emulator stuff and then my Xbox. On the Xbox though, I'm a Halo fanboy and don't really like all those Battlefied, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor games. Halo has a great story, and to me it's more fun killing aliens. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I played quite a bit the first night and a wee bit more the second night but it isn't grabbing me.

My problem with Battlefield is you can't just pick it up and play for a hour here and there you have to devote your life to it or else you just get completely destroyed. I'm too out of practice now to be any good and I can't be bothered devoting my time to getting good again.

I was hoping the new release would give me the enthusiasm to get back into playing it again but nothing much has changed, it didn't really feel like a real advancement over BF3. I'm gonna give this one a miss. I didn't bother with COD last year might go back to that franchise for a year, take it turn about instead of buying every new release just get every other years release.

Funny... That's how I felt about BF3. I had put so much time into BF2 to get good at it, only to move to BF3 and be a total newb... I didn't want to put in the 100's, if not 1000's, of hours to get to being good. I actually really missed the Commander from BF2, and all of the vehicles & ships of BF1942. I heard the Commander was back for BF4, and that perked my interest a little.