All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] MAME black screen with audio when loading a game?

ArcadeFan

Hello everyone!

I am working on setting up my emulators and ran into an issue with MAME. I have MAME 0.149 with a 0.149 rom set. I have the correct path set and have updated the MAME rom list in GameEx. When I select a game to play, it launches and the screen goes black. I hear the sounds of the game and can operate the controls with the keyboard. I can hear credits adding and game play begin. How do I correct the black screen to show the game? I am stumped any help is greatly appreciated. I have other emulators running in GameEx without any issues. Attached are my GameEx log.txt and Configuration settings.

Thank you.

GameEx Configuration settings.txt

GameEx Log.txt

I tried to force Direct3D with -d3d by adding it to the command line in the GameEx set up wizard. I launched a MAME game and it now shows the launch screen and then goes black for a few seconds and loops back to the select game screen. I do not get any of the game sounds like I did before. The same also happens when I tried to use -gdi and -ddraw in the command line. Not sure if this is a step forward or backward. So close to playing these games I can taste it. Thank you again for the support and help.

I ran the Run last game and it reads.

@ECHO OFF

C:
CD "C:\Emulators\MAME149"
mame.exe 1943u -rompath "C:\Emulators\MAME149\Roms" -nowindow -joy -skip_gameinfo

I also added pause the file to see the command window. It reads:

bm.7k not found <no good dump known> <tried in 1943u 1943 1943u> Warning: the game might not run correctly. Press any key to continue...

I do not understand what this means.

Thank you Adultery for the command line correction, I had entered it wrong, using only d3d. When I corrected this command line I got the same result-no video but had game sounds. Run last game is listed below. Then I tried to use -video ddraw in the command line and this works. Also tried to change it to -video gdi and this works as well. I might try running with the -video gdi for a while, it looks a little better on my system. Wish I could get Direct 3d to work, but I am super excited to have everything working. Thank you everyone for all of your help, I would not have solved this without you!! Time to build a cabinet!!

@ECHO OFF

C:
mame.exe 1943u -rompath "C:\Emulators\MAME149\Roms" -nowindow -joy -skip_gameinfo -video d3d

@ECHO OFF

C:
mame.exe altbeast6 -rompath "C:\Emulators\MAME149\Roms" -nowindow -joy -skip_gameinfo -video ddraw

Edit: OK, Tapatalk is being a dick. You should be able to edit the title by editing the first post. If not ilk do it when I'm on an actual computer.