All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Two new games for the Spectrum released: The Speccies 1 & 2

Sokurah

It's not really arcade related - or even games suitable for a cab, but I just released two new games I've made for the ZX Spectrum, and I was hoping I could add them to my 'Sokurah's Projects' thread, but the thread seems to have been locked. Could it be unlocked so I can add them?

Here's more information: http://tardis.dk/wordpress/?p=1096

...but for now I'll just paste in my mostly standardized blurb below. ;)

----

Well, after being completed for a couple of months - just waiting for the summer vacation to be over - we (being the artist Redballoon, and me) ran into problems with the physical copies and then some last minute-bugs caused by the introduction of a longer tune in The Speccies, but both of these homebrew games are now finally out.
The Speccies is a puzzlegame for the 48K ZX Spectrum. It’s coded in Z80 assembler and contains 101 levels of brain-torturing‎ fun.
The Speccies 2 is also a puzzlegame - this one with 45 levels and for the 16K Spectrum. A much simpler game...but made in 4½ days. 8)
Read more about them here: http://tardis.dk/wordpress/?p=1096
You'll find links to download the emulator copies (which are free), and information on how to buy some of the very limited run of physical cassettes.
FourPics.png
Free to download, but also available as a physical product in three different versions
(however, the big deluxe version has already sold out - there was only 5 after all). ;)
GroupPhotoSmall.jpg
The long delay between being completed and actually released meant that I was able to send it off to Retro Gamer and it was reviewed in the latest issue (September 2013) and scored a beautiful 85%
Thank you RG. 8)
Review.jpg
  • Like 1

I updated the thread with the two latest games.

My next game will be a vector-style Asteroids type game that has tons of powerups - for PC/OSX - and it'll be done in a week or two tops, so I'll ask to have the thread unlocked again by then. ;)

• Like 1

I updated the thread with the two latest games.

My next game will be a vector-style Asteroids type game that has tons of powerups - for PC/OSX - and it'll be done in a week or two tops, so I'll ask to have the thread unlocked again by then. ;)

Looking forward to it :)

I've locked your topic up for now!