All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Multiple SFX When Browsing GameEx

KRC

Multiple SFX while browsing GameEx? You could always try rubbing your eyes really hard after loading GameEx. That should produce some nice glowing bursts as well as an interesting "fade in and out" effect. It'll blow your mind. :blink:

Sorry - couldn't resist. Seriously though I have no idea whatsoever. :mellow:

This might be doable if one placed an empty select.wav in the GameEx theme folder and a quick and dirty plugin was created to play a random sound during the menu change event... Hmmm....

Let me get a kickstarter account up real quick. :)

This might be doable if one placed an empty select.wav in the GameEx theme folder and a quick and dirty plugin was created to play a random sound during the menu change event... Hmmm....

Let me get a kickstarter account up real quick. :)

didn't someone around here already do a randomizer of some sort? I have it my head anyways lol

I can't say if that will work out or not. I've heard of it but no ideas on how it works. You may want to snag Tempest and ask him.

If I understand what the OP wants to accomplish, The Randomizer would not be able to help. It needs to be executed every time the file needs to be changed. Typically it is used in the launch before / after for an emulator or for GameEx itself.

That's what I thought too. I thought maybe you were writing to the ini on the fly.

Still doesn't rule out the option of a plugin, I already know how to hook the media player without a dll.

So, about that kickstarter... :D

That's probably true, he probably loads the whole thing into memory. I think you can run the setup wiz from external applications and GameEx reloads the ini, but I'm just not sure on that.

Im all for this too, im sure Tom or HK could intergrate this into the program.

That's probably true, he probably loads the whole thing into memory. I think you can run the setup wiz from external applications and GameEx reloads the ini, but I'm just not sure on that.

If that's the case, could you not alter the .ini while it is in memory? That way you could do it on-the-fly and leave the original untouched. Just an idea, feel free to shatter it i just have ideas, i'm not a coder :P