All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Karaoke - previews only, exit back to gameex if played

conundrum2k

I'm new to the forums, this will be my first post, and I hope its not out of line here, but I've been having trouble with getting the karaoke to work for about the last 4 hours, I've got it working now, after going through multiple posts and just wanted to add the steps I did here for others.

1: reinstall gameex with karaoke support (config files won't be affected by the reinstall)

2: download and install the shark codecs from http://shark007.net/

3: make sure directx 11 is installed, or the latest version of directx for your operating system

4: open "karaoke for directx" control pannel and click the CD+G tab, make sure "use microsoft video mixing renderer 9" is checked

I did alot more steps through diagnosing the issue, but I think these are the steps that got it to work for me, hopefully this will save others from hours of searching and playing.

• Like 2

Thanks for this post, I've struggled to get the karaoke working in GameEx since I first installed it. I think the "Use Microsoft video mixing...." is the fix for the karaoke window that opens and closes right away. There should be comment added in the gameex karaoke settings window for those with win7.

Z

@conundrum2k - Thanks so much for taking the time to post this information. I know that this aspect of GameEx has occasionally been tough for users to get running in the past. I'll likely be referring users back to this thread for the purpose of future troubleshooting. Thanks again!