All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Using a PS3 Controller Trouble

Super12464

Howdy Super12464

So is your DualShock working in other applications and/or games? I know that the DualShock can appear to be recognized by Windows and yet still not function properly as a controller. The installation of the MotionInJoy Drivers is a bit of an arduous process and it's quite a bit more involved than installing 'standard' Windows drivers. Just to double check you may want to verify that you correctly followed all the necessary steps to properly install the MotionInJoy drivers.

Good luck man!

You may want to try this XInput Wrapper for the PS3 controller - http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

I would second this recommendation. It's one that I haven't tried, but have heard good things.

Further if you do decide to stick with MotionInJoy, I'd highly recommend using this in place of the default configuration utility (DS3_Tool.exe).

• Like 1

I've used motioninjoy for years and even made an executable script to open the interface and enable the profile I wanted. The problem was that I had to pair my PS3 controller first then run a game through GameEX and put my EXE in the run before field to get it to enable the controller. I was also limited to the 060005 version because there was a local pluin that allowed it to run offline. The better DS3 tool completely nullifys the need for my DS3tool_enabler.exe and the plugin...finally! There is an option to enable a profile automatically when your controller is paired. Just put the better DS3 executable in your startup folder, or run before GameEX if you prefer, and whenever you pair the controller your profile will automatically load, no need to even open the motioninjoy, it's all offline.

This is how you make your computer a PS3! It's just like I dreamed of...finally! I'm glad I saw this. Freaking awesome.