All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APPLICATION] Map File Maker

Adultery

I think what I want is more of a feature request, but I should probably report the bug also. :)

By the way... 1.0.1 is out which fixes a few minor bugs. If you allow it to auto-update at launch it fixes a bug to manual update checking as well. The updater software has a full changelog.

I forgot to post the offline installer here so if you don't want to use the updater you'll have to wait until I post it or grab the updated version from Emumovies.

I sure Tom can fix this. I understand why its sorting them as it does. Being at the top is ok, but would be way cooler if the user had to scroll thru the list and media to see what games are available for any given system. Otherwise its a waste of good media from Emumovies.

Not sure why when you exit a game and come back to the list, the colors are gone. I beleive Gameex is not reading the colors of the map file when it returns from a game. It is reading the map file cause all the games are there :blink:

Would it be possible for Map File Maker to make a map file from a Clrmamepro dat file. Then my cab would have every game listed even the ones I'm missing.

Yeah its possible, but I'd have to investigate further. You have a big dat I can look at? Like Snes or nes? Ill have a look at it.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to 1.0.2 (although it's been online via auto-update for a month now... I just noticed I didn't have it updated here!)

• 1 month later...

Updated to 1.0.3:

• Fixed a bug that stopped the map list from being generated (No Name)
  • Improvements to directory parsing

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Updated to 1.0.4:

• Added string splitting to the "REPLACE" box
  • Use ';' to seperate multiple replacement searches
  • Added remove/replace/crop edits to MAP file importing routine
  • Added some missing regions to the list format handlers

You can get it from the built-in online update check or download it here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Along with the launch of the Map File Maker website over at DracLabs, I recently updated Map File Maker to 1.0.7! Starting with this version, there's a new Map File Builder option in the GUI. Basically you are entertaind by a nice spinning wheel as you wait for the operation to complete, and the program opens the destination directory after it is done.

mfm_02_mini.jpgmfm_03_mini.jpg

Here's what it does:

• Build a ROM set based off of an existing MAP file
  • Keep your sets seperated to conserve HDD space on your gaming machine
  • MFM generates Miss and Have lists based on the build results so you can get the perfect set every time

You can use the Automatic Updating feature to obtain the latest version, or simply visit DracLabs and download it. :)

Thanks for using this, and I hope you like it!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so there's an update to MFM (1.0.8) available! Here's what's new:

• Added the option to import clrMAMEpro DAT files as per Frequency's suggestion (Thanks bud! Good call!)
    • You can now directly import DAT files to build your MAP files from
    • Added to the new File Builder, you can see what you need for your MAP to be complete!

[*]Added in some missing regions

[*]Huge code optimization to keep your speeds up

[*]Stopped txt files from showing up in directory scans

Thanks for using this! :) You can get the update from the (deformed) first post or just use the automagical updater.

• Like 3

Wow! Great update Adultery. This is such a great app for working with Map files! Keep up the great work.

I feel your pain about your announcement post. It's somehow related to the IPB upgrade a while back. Posts with special formatting that were created prior to the upgrade get hosed when you go to edit them subsequent to the upgrade. What a pain!

At any rate this is another excellent release, and it's always cool to see what you'll be working on next.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys and especially adultery,

So I am having a devil of a time with map file maker, I must be misunderstanding something really basic here.

I am trying to make two map files one for HBmame and the other for mame 149 as I have just the vert roms set as another emu in gameex.

My problems are that whenever I attempt to import a dat ,map file maker seems to hang but the log indicates success - on a rescan though I only get the rom name and not the description?.

If the .dat file is run through CMP and I set it to depreciated then MFM imports it fine however the dat itself is missing the descriptions?.

Also sometimes MFM crashes on my win7 system as per the image attached as are the log file and an example of the kind of .dat file that I am trying to use.

So is it my dat files, or just user error?.

As a feature request it would be nice if I could just point it to an exe or the output of listxml - but hey a guy can dream!.

Thanks in advance.

post-6857-0-61396500-1376509533_thumb.pn

MFM.rar

Edited by nullPointer
Merged with project thread for the purposes of assistance and possible bug reporting

That's a serious bug there. Did you include the dat in the downloads? Can you give me a step by step on how you made it crash like that? Never seen anything like that before.

I'm not near my laptop so I will look into this when I get home tonight, just please make sure you posted the log and the dat so I can try and reproduce this.

Yep dat is in the download with the log.

In the past I have tried a few differing dats downloaded from sources including the dats supplied with romsets from PD, so they should be good.

One question is will using merged mame roms make any difference?.

Saying that though even if I try to import a dat before adding a rom path MM seems to hang (processs is at 0% cpu), its defo just the dats that cause problems though as I can scan roms just fine.

Also sometimes if I try to just to create a map file after an unsuccesful dat load then MFM and the log both say one is created but one does not appear?.

Must really go to bed now but I think I will test adding a working map file just as an experiment.

Edit - Ok so I scanned my HBmame romset just fine then imported the misfitmame map file ok and created an HBmame map from that so it must be a dat problem.

Must sleep but have tomorrow of work and will try this using a different puter tomorrow, maybe its just something funky going on.

Great thanks!.

So I had another go using the dat file for hbmame from PD, with the same result - MFM gets to the continue box in the screen cap then nothing.

Included again is the dat file , log file and a process dump is also available if that helps

(but is too big to upload.- can supply link if needed)

post-6857-0-89935200-1376550156_thumb.pn

log-ect.rar

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know my finals for this term ate next week so I'm busy tying up loose ends at school. I will get to this though I assure you. Thanks for your patience!

• 2 weeks later...