All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Prosystem Emu Button 1 And 2 Not Working

KRC

Hey,

Feels like a lifetime since I posted here asking for help.

Anyway I have the 7800 Prosystem Emu working perfectly outside GameEx, I set it up for use In GameEx and button 1 and 2 which were configured in ProSystem don't register when running through GameEx only the Dpad works.

I am using Xpadder/360 pad and my ProSystem button 1 and 2 are X and A respectively.

Just another thing worth noting is that I have the back button and A on my pad to exit anything using an Advanced Config.

I feel that something is stopping the pad from working correctly.

The Emulator version is 1.3.

Anything else needed, let me know.

Thanks

log.txt

GameEx.ini

ProSystem.ini

Hi KRC

What happens when you attempt to run runitgame.bat directly?

Start > All Programs > GameEx > Utilities > Run Last Game

FWIW my command is slightly different that what you're running, but it's been so long since I configured this emu I'm not even certain at this point what the various available options are for:

ProSystem -Fullscreen 1 -MenuEnabled 0 -Zoom 2 "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

If all else fails, perhaps this is a job for Xpadder?

• Like 1

I ran the last game then I went to Input options for ProSystem and this time they were showing as completely different buttons :blink:

After changing the buttons to what they were supposed to be I reloaded GameEx and launched Prosystem and the configuration had saved and the buttons are working now.

The weird thing is that I had previously edited the config whilst in GamEeex and they never saved.

So called simple emulators are sometimes a pain in the ballbag.

Thanks Again null.

I wonder if the emulator failed to close gracefully the first time. This happens to me when I use the global exit with NEStopia all the time... The advanced config doesn't seem to send the right key combo for that particular emulator.

No big deal though, I'm currently moving a lot of my emulation to UME instead anyways... Now that Ben's MAME compiler can put down a custom compile on it there's not much reason to keep MAME or MESS around separately anymore.

So called simple emulators are sometimes a pain in the ballbag.

Ain't that the truth! :lol: Glad to hear you sussed it KRC.

I'm currently moving a lot of my emulation to UME instead anyways... Now that Ben's MAME compiler can put down a custom compile on it there's not much reason to keep MAME or MESS around separately anymore.

I've been considering giving MESS another chance (via UME). It's been quite a while since I've tried to run MESS, and it's probably had quite a few improvements since the last time I tried it. Sounds like a good project for some time or another.