All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 Friends

DazzleHP

Hi folks!

I'm a massive fan of this game, i had all the tables on the xbox which unfortunately has gone to a better place (it didn't die i just sold it) but none of my Steam friends play FX2! If you play it you'll know how much more fun it is to compete against friends so if you would like some friendly competition then please, feel free to add me!

Steam ID: ShmupperFromHell

Alternatively leave yours and i'll add you :)

Bring on the wizardry!

I was already planning to buy FX2. I think I will buy it this weekend!
Me - being a hi-score-addict ;) - really like the idea to play FX2 and compete amongst my GameEx friends :) That's the exact reason I've setup our Mame Hi-score Competition. For those who haven't already joined see our dedicated GameEx Hi-score Competition sub-forum. Sorry Dazz for advertising ;)

I'll definitely come back to you when I've bought Pinball FX2 and add you as a Steam-friend. Competing for hi-scores is what playing games is making fun and adds a nice goal to playing that game !

Which FX2-tables do you recommend to buy Dazz?

For those who haven't already joined see our dedicated GameEx Hi-score Competition sub-forum. Sorry Dazz for advertising ;)

Which FX2-tables do you recommend to buy Dazz?

No problem with advertising! "The more the merrier!" huh :D

As with the tables - that will depend on what you prefer i guess! There are two types of table as far as i'm concerned, both in FX2 and RL - the "forgivers" and the "punishers" ^_^

Forgivers - are the tables that let you get away with making mistakes, as long as you have good reflexes and have many ramps and targets to hit (Spiderman for example). But will ultimately need some knowledge to compete well on.

Punishers - are the tables that tend to have a lot of open space near the flippers and direct most of the ramps down towards them at speed, and need high accuracy to hit the target ramps consistently (Wolverine for example).

The good thing about FX2 is you can demo them all before you buy ;)

As for what i have so far (and will have them all eventually coz i had them on xbox and all are good in my opinion) are:

The original Marvel Pack:

Wolverine

Ironman

Blade

Spiderman

The Star Wars pack:

Epsiode V

The Clone Wars

Boba Fett

and free table:

Sorcerer's Lair (i think you need to buy one pack and this one comes free)

Whichever you buy i will have in time anyways so bring it Menace! Thats my new nickname for you by the way :P

-EDIT- i realise now that may be a british thing! but there was a troublemaker comic character called "Dennis the Menace" - that is what i was referring to ^_^

No, it should be open. But in the past it has had some kind of glitch where it appears as invite only. If it's currently showing as an invite only group, I'll open up a support ticket with Steam because it shouldn't be. You may also want to check both the client and the web site, as they may display differently depending on which one you're looking at.

Be that as it may, I'll be sure to send you an invite when I get home this evening (currently 12:17 PM).

Thanks GC.

I've tried to join the GameEx Community on Steam. Does one of the mods have to accept me as a new member ?

My steam-ID: DentheMan

Invite sent. I'd be curious to hear from others whether this group displays as Public or Invite Only.

GameEx Community on Steam

It displays as public for me, but since I'm already in the group, that may have some bearing. Also if it displays as Invite Only in the browser I'd curious to hear whether it also shows as Invite Only when logged into the Steam client.

Thanks!

I have steam at home, I'll check and see when I get back if I can join or not.

Edit: nope. It's public and I got right in.

Be that as it may, I'll be sure to send you an invite when I get home this evening (currently 12:17 PM).

Thanks GC.

Thanks NP for the invite !

I've succesfully joined our GameEx Steam Community :) and of course accepted you as a friend ! Thank you for that :)

As for what i have so far (and will have them all eventually coz i had them on xbox and all are good in my opinion) are:

The original Marvel Pack:

Wolverine

Ironman

Blade

Spiderman

The Star Wars pack:

Epsiode V

The Clone Wars

Boba Fett

Whichever you buy i will have in time anyways so bring it Menace! Thats my new nickname for you by the way :P

-EDIT- i realise now that may be a british thing! but there was a troublemaker comic character called "Dennis the Menace" - that is what i was referring to ^_^

I've bought the Star Wars pack :) Let the games begin !! Beware of Menace mwahahaha :P

Dennis the Menace is also well known in the Netherlands. It's called "Dennis de bengel" ....:)

Dennis the Menace is also well known in the Netherlands. It's called "Dennis de bengel" .... :)

I did not know that! Dankje wel! :) I'm about to have a bash at some FX2 right now, Episode V is my fave from SW pack. I wonder if you have ruined my score yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So after the recent Steam Daily Sale I finally expanded my collection of Pinball FX2 tables. I picked up the the Star Wars pack and the Marvel pack. And after seeing the scores of the posters above, I have to say ... wow you guys are pretty good. I've got some practicing to do! Currently my favorite table is Boba Fett, but that might be because it's the only table on which I've been able to develop a somewhat reliable strategy. At any rate I'd love to hear about which tables are your favorites, and (maybe especially) any strategy advice you might have. :)

Edit: Regarding table strategies, I just found this last night. It's a fairly comprehensive list of PinballFX 2 Strategy Guides!

Oooh another friend playing it! B) I shall have to get on soon and see what you've done to my scores ^_^ Thanks for the guide link too, i think i'll deny myself a peek for a while though - part of the fun for me is figuring all the challenges and how to activate them :) some tables though are way more complimacated than others so no doubt i'll look sooner or later :D