All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GX database not changing Naomi and Atomiswave rom names

stigzler

Just an assumption that your roms aren't named in a database supported format. Just make a MAP file, there are utilities to make this easier (Map File Maker comes to mind: [RELEASE] Map File Maker).

Yeah Adultery is right, A .Map file is the way to go. Either make your own with the tool's floating about but actually I think that DEmul .Map files already exist (Not sure if they are out of date?) Check the Pinned & Hot Topics->User Submitted Config thread.

.Map files are enabled through the Advanced Emulator setup for the emulator in question.

Just thought I would reply to this.

The Naomi database was constructed at a time when Mame did not support any of the roms and as such, there was not a convention for naming them. So, the current database used the 'mish mash' filenames that were there at the time.

I have just gone through the DB and brought it up to date (well, mostly). It currently contains 106 games.

If you want to give this a whirl, extract the file from the attached zip and pop it in your database folder (DATA/EMULATOR i believe) and rename the currect sql one ("[Arcade] Sega Naomi.db3") if present. Gameex will then use the .mdb file instead.

I agree that map files are good for changing the shortened file names, but the database has the additional benefit of all the extra data and info.

Horses for courses I know.

Arcade Sega Naomi.zip

• Like 2

It's not totally up to date but getting there.

Remember, if anyone what's to maintain a database there are jobs going ;)

I would say that it depends on your naming convention. If your rom names match the names in the old DB then you are all set. If your rom names match mame rom names, then you will want the new DB.

If everything is displaying correctly now, you probably don't want to change db's.

Tempest is quite right. If you can use the DB's then they are a far better than using map files.

With Naomi, if you are using the mame names (as you all should really be now), then the DB with not just change the names to the correct names, it will also add all the other info including the publisher, year, players, description, etc.

So, I would turn off the map file, rename the old db3 file, and add the file I have post here.

Please check it out as I would love some feedback. I have taken the toll up to 156 games or so, 95% with all data (missing a few obcure jap title's info).

Hope this is of help to all.

ps. if anyone would like to maintian the Naomi DB, please get in touch (long standing members prefered).

Arcade Sega Naomi.zip

• Like 1

Thanks.

Please try the database for me and let me know.

I will have a look and see what we have got.

Brilliant flash, thanks. Most rom names are there except about 30%. Is there any easy way to open the files and manually add the remaining file names and map respective game titles? Think tried this before and got into SQL territory - just need click, open, edit - like spreadhseet?

thanks again

There are a few sqlite editors you can download for free for this. My concern is that GameEx will overwrite your database when you upgrade.