All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Wonder Boy 3

Hi Helpman !

Congratulations winning our Game of the Month competition of July !

It was fun competing with you and trying to achieve the best score on Wonder Boy 3. With your amazing score of 169,420 points you really deserved to win this :)

I'll keep on playing this hi-score game and with any luck I hope to become as good as you on this game ;)

I'm glad you've joined our Hi-Score Competition and I am looking forward competing with you at each of our hi-score games !

Because you're a Game of the Month winner you've been awarded a signature banner :) See this thread and I've also sent you a PM.

Congrats again :)

GC

• 1 month later...

Thank you for submission be77amy! It's great an other enthusiastic hi-score member has joined our competition ! You're more than welcome :)

In case you haven't noticed yet, here's a link to some wonderboy 3 gameplay hints by helpman ;)

Updated OP, DB, LB, RSS

• 2 weeks later...

...and another submission by wolfman ! A few more hi-score submissions and you will climb our Leaderboard ladder ;)

Btw, helpman shared his gameplay strategy for Wonder Boy 3. It might help you out improving your best score :)

If you haven't already cast a vote in our poll, please feel free to do so > link

Updated OP, DB, Leaderboard, RSS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

How have I not come across such a cool game like this? I've played the first and knew about Hudson borrowing it for their Adventure Island series, but this, it's a little bit of that (with auto scrolling) and even a shmup section? It's a winner. Except the boss battles are a bit drawn out and tapping buttons gets a bit old!

ExedExes - 129,160

post-25936-0-25082500-1393649432_thumb.p

How have I not come across such a cool game like this? I've played the first and knew about Hudson borrowing it for their Adventure Island series, but this, it's a little bit of that (with auto scrolling) and even a shmup section? It's a winner. Except the boss battles are a bit drawn out and tapping buttons gets a bit old!

ExedExes - 129,160

It's a nice mix-up of styles indeed. I love playing Wonder Boy 3.

Nice score ! Puts you in fifth place.

Initials: KRC

Wow :o Amazing hi-score B). In a league of your own !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this is a gem. I never heard of it till this competition. I liked it. The only problem I had was trying to get everything and the screen kept scrolling to fast! Nice score, puts you in 6th!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

I am starting to get the hang of WB3. Collecting multiple items in mid air and shooting groups of enemies help you score big points. Plus I have figured out that pesky snake at the end of board 2. You just have to keep moving and you will not get hit by those pink beachballs.

This doesn't move me up, but gets me closer to a position, I guess.

v0.122

dip switches as of post 1

post-25790-0-74782300-1395439129_thumb.j

post-25790-0-63395900-1395439153_thumb.j

I am starting to get the hang of WB3. Collecting multiple items in mid air and shooting groups of enemies help you score big points. Plus I have figured out that pesky snake at the end of board 2. You just have to keep moving and you will not get hit by those pink beachballs.

This doesn't move me up, but gets me closer to a position, I guess.

Nice improvement Mame Offender ! I really like WB3 > a mash-up of platform and shoot em up :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

LOL! Whats wrong with Sonic? Sorry, I didn't have a Nintendo growing up. My brother's best friend did, and I spent many hours just watching them play without having the ability to do so myself. When the 16-bit generation started, we were supposed to get a Sega Genesis for christmas, but they were sold out, so my brother got it for his birthday (January 9th). Of course, being a kid he spent most of the time telling me it was HIS console, even though when you counted up the games we had I had 12 and he had 2. But anyway, having a Sega in our house instead of a Nintendo at somebody elses meant I had a better opportunity to play it. I liked Sonic a lot. Mostly because I could PLAY it. Mario was always the original though, and you can't beat it. That's why I said it was close to beating it, but never did. Although having emulated Super Mario Sunshine, I must say that Nintendo has kinda gotten away from it's roots (Sunshine sucked.. washing spray paint? yeah thats fun... <_< )