All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Differences among GameEx Gemus Hyperspin Mala scripts

mehodman3000

? I have never written a script in my life so as a newbie I am attempting to set up All four of these and the games to use and understand scripting. What are the differences is it a matter of just different ordering or are their technological differences because the techniques and philosophy are different? Is there such a thing as technical philosophy?

Hmm ... Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more on what scripts you're referring to? There are huge architectural differences between all the frontends you mentioned, so from a configuration standpoint they are all very different from one another. This would cover differences insofar as how frontend configuration settings are stored and managed. But typically frontend settings are not typically stored as scripts, but as settings files (.ini, .xml, etc).

Scripts typically refer to a file that does something (i.e. they perform a scripted routine). So I suppose all of the frontends you listed are capable of utilizing scripts to some extent. This would refer to batch scripts (.bat), AutoHotKey scripts (.ahk) and that sort of thing. To that extent some frontends are much more reliant on scripting functionality than others (I believe HS is very reliant on commonly shared AutoHotKey scripts). To that end GameEx is not reliant on scripts at all, but is very capable of incorporating scripts into your configuration if that's your goal.

One of the huge strengths of GameEx is that it is very configurable to your needs, and that it is easy to configure. To that end you can easily configure GameEx without ever having to look at a script or know anything about them at all.