All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GAME DVD .ISO

paulmichel21

:lol: I have a game that is blackjack.iso, and to open it with dtools pro emulate but as I load a DVD with a DVD player for example bsplayer.
BLACKJACK.ISO
DTOOLS
BSPlayer
Anyone have any idea how could it work?
I tried a thousand ways but I could not ... thank you ^_^

You'll probably get somebody saying you need to post your log and settings. But for starters, it might help to know more about this game. Is it a game that you have installed on the computer and requires the disc in the drive to play, or is like a MOVIE game that you can play on a standalone dvd-player (I have one like that called Dragon's Lair).

If it's a game that requires the disc to play but is installed on the computer, it should be as simple as setting up and emulator to look for the shortcut links. Then when the game is started, the GAME would ask you to insert the disc. Then you just remove the disc when you're done, like you do outside of GameEx.

If the game is a DVD that can play on any old player, you'll probably have to setup an External Application to run it.

its a game .iso<<<<setup an External Application but dont run it.

10:28:45.4 02/06/2013: Running: cmd.exe /c e: Virtual.Blackjack.with.Gina.Lynn.XXX.DVDR.NTSC-ArT.iso
10:28:45.4 02/06/2013: Gamepad mouse emulation on
10:28:45.6 02/06/2013: Shutting down display
10:30:08.6 02/06/2013: Running: cmd.exe /c e: Virtual.Blackjack.with.Gina.Lynn.XXX.DVDR.NTSC-ArT.iso
10:30:08.6 02/06/2013: Gamepad mouse emulation on
10:30:08.8 02/06/2013: Shutting down display
10:31:30.3 02/06/2013: Exiting GameEx!

Sounds like a fun game. :)

Ok, does the game run entirely from the ISO, or is it something you have to install? It looks like it might be something you have to install first. Have you tried mounting the ISO as a virtual drive? Grab a copy of Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/home) and try mounting the ISO. Then open up the drive and see what's in it. If it has like a folder called "VIDEO_TS" then it's a DVD Movie. If it has actual files, then its a PC game. If it's a DVD Movie, you need to configure an external application to mount the ISO in Daemon Tools first, then configure it to launch your media/dvd player. If it's a PC game, you'll probably need to INSTALL it first. Look for a setup.exe on the mounted ISO drive. If you don't need to install it, there should be some other .exe file on the ISO that will launch the game. If that's the case, you need to configure your external application in GameEx to first mount the ISO in Daemon Tools, then launch the appropriate .exe file that runs the game.

configure it and does not work well

external aplication

cmd: c:/dvd/blackjack.iso

before launching: c:/admin....../dtoolspro.exe

also launch: c:/admin..../bsplayer.exe

opens it and is behind the frontend when I select that there will bsplayer extension. iso and not shown in full screen and returns to the main menu frontend.

any idea...?

ISO is not a command. It's an image (not a picture, but a CD-IMAGE). You need your launch before to launch the Daemon Tools (the way you have it) but then also have it mount the image. THEN you can launch the bsplayer program. After you're done playing, you'll need to have a launch after setting to unmount the image.

• Like 1

Command:

<path to player>\bsplayer.exe

Launch Before:
<path to dtools>\dtoolspro.exe -mount 0, "c:\dvd\blackjack.iso"

Launch After:

<path to dtools>\dtoolspro.exe -unmount 0

All you're really doing is launching bsplayer. The launch before/launch after is mounting and unmounting the image in the background. It's really not that difficult if you take the time to learn and figure it out.

• Like 1

Han is absolutely on the right track there, although I believe the executable for Daemon Tools Pro is actually called DTAgent.exe.

You may find this to be of some assistance:

DAEMON Tools Pro Command Line Integration

So the mount command should look like this:

<path to dtools>\DTAgent.exe -mount 0, "c:\dvd\blackjack.iso"

and unmount will looks like this

<path to dtools>\DTAgent.exe -unmount 0

(also remember that you may need to use "Double Quotes" if <path to dtools> contains spaces)

Here's the link to DAEMON Tools Lite commands should anyone need that as well (the commands for Lite are different than Pro)

thanks genius......

working

Command:

<path to player>\bsplayer.exe

also launch: DTAgent.exe -mount 0, "c:\dvd\blackjack.iso"

launch after: DTAgent.exe -unmount 0

then set full screen in bsplayer and ready.
thank you very much again

Actually, I'm not aware of any such plugin. Sounds like an excellent suggestion though. Please consider posting a request in the appropriate forum:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/10189-feature-enhancement-requests/

This would actually work to the advantage of having things like MAME prompt for passes on it's adult games as well.