All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Artwork path

oliverbg1

Hello Im a french user of GameEx. I really enjoy this frontend.

I only use it for emulation in Windows media center.

Ive already done lot of search on this forum to solve many minor issue but with no success...

All my roms are backed up like this:

CONSOLE-

|_CONSOLE 1

|_CONSOLE 2-

|_ROM1

|_ROM2-

|_ROMFILE

|_COVER.jpg

|_TITLE.jpg

|_snapshot.jpg

My question is:

-Can I specify to gameex to search for artwork (like boxart, snap ect..) in the rom folder ? Can i use variable like ROM or ROMPATH to specify artworks paths??

Many thanks for your answer

Hi oliverbg1 and Welcome to the GameEx forums

I'm afraid you need to keep your artwork in separate directories for the most part. This includes separate directories for different types of artwork as well (i.e. titles in one directory, covers in another, etc.). The reason for this is that GameEx locates artwork files by finding file names matching the ROM name, and you can't have a bunch of identically named files sitting in the same directory. This is actually standard operating procedure for most frontends I've seen, so GameEx is not unique in this capacity.

There are no bracketed placeholder parameters that can be used to reference artwork directories in GameEx to my knowledge.

Ok... Thanks for your explicit answer... i am going to make folders for atworks..

Another question : I want to change thumb size which is about 260*260 (sized like a square) whereas my artworks are sized like rectangle for most of them. where can i modify this setting to havec th real picture and not half of it?

Sorry for my english, it is quite difficult for me to explain what i want to do and search..