All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Amiga + WinUAE setup

stigzler

SOLVED

OK, after much trial and error, finally got hings working. My advice to newbs like me is thus:

1. Go through the setup and install the Win UAE emulator.

2. Go to this page : http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=winuaeloader

3. Download one of the romsets there (I used the WHDLoad ones - but be warned - registration required to remove nag screen on emulator - £15)

4. Download and install WHSUAE Loader

5. Follow the instructions on the page - you'll need some bios's - install as instructed

6. Use GE emu installer to install WHSUAE loader

7. (optional) if you want your game names pretty, use the "create mapfile" on UAELoader (file will be under the WULoader folder somewhere

8. Install this map file to gameex map folder

9. Under advance emu config - point to the mapfile in gameex

:) Great work to the chap who made WinUAE Launcher :)

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, my usual request!

Need to set up Amiga emulation via Winuae. Did the usual - downloaded this via GameEx - didn't work.

I have: Romset + bios of format:

[gamename] ([Region]).zip

As usual, ended up going round in circles, downloading extra software (WinUAE Loader + GameBase) - just ended up getting more confused!

Could anybody please assist with a simple guide on how to get this set up?

Many Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

OK... got WinUAE working with the roms. Now, again, cannot find any way to load these from GameEx. Have found out about -f and -0 switches in the command line, but can't get this working. Please someone, just a simple command line to launch from GameEx?

thanks.