All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX <<<

I know it's been a little while been busy as of late but have managed to redesign the whole look and layout of the GameRoomEX theme. Today I finished the main screen and will be working on the emulator themes tonight.

Really like this new layout and it will be much easier for me to design the emulator layouts. I've added in popup descriptions as well with this theme which I will show you when I get an emulator theme up and running. Sorry GC the marquee look just wasn't working out maybe for a future theme I will bring it back. I was starting to get very frustrated with it as some themes looked ok but others it just wasn't working out so well tis the reason why I scraped that layout. However with a new gfx engine coming I might be able to bring it back as I want the quality of all the themes to be there if not then I don't want to release it.

With this theme everything is larger so it looks good on an HTPC and when your sitting back on the couch you can read everything and the videos are larger as well. :)

Hi Krak,

I understand you're waiting for the new gfx engine to arrive. You shouldn't feel frustrated creating your theme so I understand you're keeping things graphically more basic. And it's still looking very nice ! ;)

What I liked about your previous two versions of the GameroomEx (v2) theme: everything was perfectly integrated and you didn't get a feel of seperate located images / elements on your screen. Not a lot of themes were able to accomplish this and yours was perfect :) It had everything I wished for: a nice system-banner, a perfectly integrated menu and video-image and very nice artwork. I also very much liked the menu's background cab art.

It's a pity the present theme creator is kind of holding you back creating and completing the visual stunning theme you initially created. Don't get me wrong > your last work is also very nice but it's graphically more basic and the image / video objects are less integrated in the theme as before.

Again, you shouldn't feel frustrated so I understand you're waiting for the new gfx engine to arrive. I hope it will be introduced shortly ;)

Keep up the good work. I'm certain we'll see a lot of nice themes created by Krak ! You definitely have a follower in me :)

Well I'm glad you like this one. :)

I have been wanting to do a theme that was much larger due to my eyes (I had cataract surgery on both my eyes last year) so I can see it with out any problem when I'm sitting further away. This theme may be basic in certain ways but it certainly is still holding the essence of my previous wip. I forgot to add in one more graphical touch to my Atari 2600 theme btw (the logo in the corner). :D

When I designed this layout I made sure it was going to be much easier to create the individual themes. So it's not that frustrating to create them. I'm not getting frustrated with the theme maker as it's one of the most easy to use theme makers I've worked with (Thanks Ben!). Yes I am waiting for the new gfx engine because I have a feeling it's going to be awesome and allow me more freedom to create and do things I couldn't do before. Thanks to Tom and the guys for the all hard work they are putting into GameEx!!

Note: This theme is still 1920x1080!

I have been wanting to do a theme that was much larger due to my eyes (I had cataract surgery on both my eyes last year) so I can see it with out any problem when I'm sitting further away. This theme may be basic in certain ways but it certainly is still holding the essence of my previous wip. I forgot to add in one more graphical touch to my Atari 2600 theme btw (the logo in the corner). :D

It's looks very nice on a HTPC setup :) I'm glad this theme allows you to see it without any problem when you're sitting further away :)

I like the color bar on your Atari 5200 theme ! Very nice touch :)

Thanks! :)

Well I relize alot of GameEx'ers don't have arcade cabs like myself and run it on a PC hooked up to an HDTV thou this theme still will look good on a arcade cab I'm sure. I am trying to keep that retro vibe going with this theme and I will make sure this theme isn't lacking any eye candy. ;)

I have to say, I'm really excited (again) about your theme ^_^ . This looks amazing. Nice background artwork :)

Keep up the good work. I'll most def use your theme as I'm planning to create an HTPC setup in the very near future ;)

@GC I knew you'd like this the more I showed ya what I'm doing with it. :D

@Celly this one is for you my man! ;) I know you said you like anything TG-16 :)

Note: I had to go back in and re-position the video preview windows as I needed more room at the top for my video titles. Looks much better now.

• Like 1