All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX <<<

Got my computer back up and running. Back on the Win 7 computer. Re-installed windows seems like all damn day and several trips to Frys to replace my $100 mouse that my cat vomited on and shorted out. Well off to bed now maybe by tomorrow I will have most of my software re-installed.

Been working hard today on the layout graphics today as I modified it once again. Here is the new look for the startup screen when it's loading the Gameroom logo zooms out at you. I redisgined the logo and moved it to the startup animation removing it from the layout as I want to the system banners to be the star showcasing your systems. ;)

Also with the newest revision I have officially changed the name of the theme to GameroomEX! :)

I haven't started on any systems yet but I will start working on re-designing those layouts tomorrow. I still have a few modifications I need to do with the date/time and weather on the system selection layout. This is just an early WIP to show you guys what I've been doing with it. I have so many ideas and it's constantly evolving as you have seen. Plus with me learning new things that I can do with Paint.net I am using them with each revision.

• Like 1

Hi Krak,

First of all: I really love the commitment you put into this theme and the artwork and retro-feel you've been creating is amazing ! :)

As far as your redesigned version I'd like to share my two cents. I hope you don't feel criticized because it's all a matter of taste anyway ;)

What I - compared to your latest work - really liked about your previous version (see screenshot below) everything is perfectly integrated and you don't get a feel of seperate located images / elements on your screen. Not a lot of themes were able to accomplish this and yours was perfect :) I was really looking forward using this theme for my setup. It had everything I wished for: a full-stretched amazing system-banner, a perfectly integrated menu and video-image and additional artwok on the bottom right corner. Visually stunning and perfect for me.

post-10451-0-95281500-1375007516_thumb.p

Again, I hope you don't feel criticized. That's is absoluty not my intention. I just wanted to share my thoughts because I was really enthusiastic about your previous version. Would it perhaps be possible to upload two different versions of your theme ..?

Whatever you choose to do, keep up the goood work ! ;)

GC

@GC Not at all. I appreciate any feedback to help me improve and or make changes to my work. Everybody's tastes are different in what they want from a theme and that is what got me into creating my own themes. Now with that said ... what you have seen so far is just the title screen and I am going to work on the Atrai 2600 theme later today so give it a chance as you haven't seen what I'm going to do with it yet and I was planning on keeping alot of what you had mentioned. If not then I will consider keeping two different themes the EX version and the v2.

Let me know what you think after you see my latest 2600 theme in action. Thanks again for all you positive feedback. :)

I'll definitely give it a chance :) I'm very excited what you will come up with :)

Thank you for considering publishing two different themes. That would be the best of both worlds ;) Thanks Krak !

Ok here is an early WIP of the Atari 2600 theme. :)

Even at 1920x1080 there's not enuff space to squeeze everything in. So with the revision I had to remove the full screen banner however It opens up more room to add in other graphics/text if I choose too. I know you liked the banner however it was not as easy to create them as it may have looked. This new design makes it much easier graphically to create. I also didn't like some of those banners although I am glad to hear you did. ;)

I think with the new layout .... I hope .... still holds that retro feel that my previous Gameroom v2 brought to the table. Also added in a small Wiki info panel about the console under the videos.

Of course the final version of this theme is subject to change as I am in the process of trying out a different layout for the 2600 to make use of all the features of my previous v2 theme. B)

@GC good news so far looks like I figured out a revised layout that is pretty close to what you are looking for. Stay tuned soon as I'll have some new pics of the revised Atari 2600 theme. :D

Ok here is an early peek at the 2600 theme that I revised to look more like the v2 theme. ;)

Hows this look GC? More like what your looking for. I still have more art to add to this theme but I wanted to show you the new look based on your comments. ;) I also added in the selection text as well a new feature to the theme. More coming soon! I wish I could quit my day job and do this full-time ... so off to bed busy day tomorrow and I gotta get up early.

Ok here is an early peek at the 2600 theme that I revised to look more like the v2 theme. ;)

Hows this look GC? More like what your looking for. I still have more art to add to this theme but I wanted to show you the new look based on your comments. ;) I also added in the selection text as well a new feature to the theme. More coming soon! I wish I could quit my day job and do this full-time ... so off to bed busy day tomorrow and I gotta get up early.

Looking great Krak ! Thank you for considering my "comments" ;) I love what you're doing with this theme !

Just sharing my thoughts... ;) :

videoscreen

The video screen on the right is looking good :) I was wondering if each video exactly fits the video square ? - because of no black space anymore -

Perhaps it's a nice idea to somehow integrate the video square with some more artwork so it's looking less of a seperate object...?

wiki info panel

The wiki info-panel is a great idea ! For users with a HTPC setup it's perhaps a little small to read (..?) but for those with a cab it's an amazing feature :)

arcade setup

You've created a theme with an amazing retro-look and is perfect for an arcade cab setup. I understand you are creating a 1920 x 1080 theme. Maybe you could test if your theme is also looking good when using a 4:3 (cab)screen resolution. That would be the best of both worlds :)

With adding more art to this theme (maybe not too "crowded"...?) I'm really excited for the final result. Great work Krak !

These are just my thoughts. You're free to do anything of course ;)

1) Well as far as the video goes I don't have a black border around it this could be added but I like it the way it is but that's me.

2) Wiki Info yes it was a bit small but not sure yet about that as it was just a test to see how it would look. An idea is all.

3) As far as the arcade setup goes well this theme is for HTPC not an arcade. Maybe for a future project ... maybe but I doubt it as I don't have an arcade cab so unless I happen to get one I won't be making a theme geared toward a cab.

Been working on trying to get a layout that will work for me. I think the GameEx main screen was just too orange and needed some color to make it pop. Well I think I am on the right track. Here is my current layout that I came up with. Still an early WIP as I have a few things I need to do but at least you can see the difference this makes. ;)

• Like 1

Looking nice Krak !

Been thinking of waiting on putting out my theme as a new engine is coming unless we are looking at next year for a release date

I hope you don't wait that long :unsure: . It's not to predict when this new engine will be released.

You can alway release a GameroomEX V2 using the new engine :)

Looking nice Krak !

I hope you don't wait that long :unsure: . It's not to predict when this new engine will be released.

You can alway release a GameroomEX V2 using the new engine :)

@Krak: you're of course free to do whatever you choose ^_^

I just like your theme so much I may be a little bit impatient for its release. Sorry for that ;)

Nice work Krak !

One tiny little small thing ;) > the menu "Change View / Back / Home / Exit" seems to fade away a little using white text on top of a bright green background color. You could perhaps make the green a little less bright or use another color....?

Do you perhaps have a sample of the Mame game select menu ? Does the game marquee also show in the right bottom corner ?

I haven't started yet on anything else yet since I've been designing the layout system. MAME is on the list to do soon. As far as the menu system that isn't finished yet as I'm still deciding on what to do for that still.

Creating the layout and the graphics is taking a bit of time so be patient it's coming. ;)