All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX <<<

Ok guys I really didn't like the MAME "Gameroom Edition" themes layout. So I started working on a new layout that stays consistent with the Gameroom v2 theme layouts.

So I re-did Pac-Man and here is the WIP! :) I have a few more changes that I want to do but this is my second design that I made.

Wow, I really like the artwork of the new Mame layout.

A nice fullscreen marquee and nice artwork on the bottom right corner !

I do hope you will re-introduce the mame game icons in the mame game list on the left ....;)

Keep up the good work ! I can't wait for the finale release :)

@GC It's just not possible. :( I wish GameEx had a way to do so which a request has been submitted for possible future feature. The only way is by using GameEx's MAME setup but not thru MAME setup as an emulator and these themes will only work if you setup MAME and a separate emulator.

MAME icons are in there if you use the default MAME theme that I made.

Thank you for your reply.

First of all: I really like the artwork of your new Mame game theme :)

Would it be possible to use your V2 Gameroom theme and choose between either using the Default Mame theme (with game icons) or your new Mame theme ?

Thanks !

GC

Yes! That is what I've been saying :P There is a theme for Default MAME with icons and a new theme for MAME with individual Game themes which I call MAME "Gameroom Edition" without icons. Hope that clears things up. ;)

Today I completed the Neo-Geo MVS theme.

• Like 1

There is a theme for Default MAME with icons and a new theme for MAME with individual Game themes which I call MAME "Gameroom Edition" without icons. Hope that clears things up. ;)

Thank you Krak, that does clears things up!

Eagerly awaiting the final Gameroom V2 release :)

Sorry I've been so busy with another project that I haven't even had time to work on it at all since my last post. I haven't even updated GameEx in awhile either ... as I see Tom has put out a new update as well.

[uPDATE]

I am going to remove the MAME Gameroom Edition themes and will no longer have this feature. Why you ask is because with the recent launch of Hyperpin's HyperLaunch 3 it is so easy to setup MAME and add it to GameEx as an external application and put that under MAME's custom menu. Hyperspin will work perfect with GameEx and then you can have the best of both worlds.

Me personally like to use Hyperspin to run my Arcade games as I like how the themes look on Hyperspin (and creating your own themes is easy as well) and use GameEx for the other systems since they are just so much easier to setup and run. So moving forward I am removing the MAME "Gameroom Edition". I am however still leaving in the MAME theme that you can use that works with the default GameEx setup for MAME which uses the Hyperspin wheels. :)

So if you don't want to use Hyperspin at all then you can still have MAME and use this theme or you can have both! :)

Just remember to use Hyperspin only for MAME you need to change Hyperspin to Single system under the HyperHQ and have it set to MAME.

With that said I made a Hyperspin banner to go with it. (I know I know) :P but now you can have the best of both worlds with most of the love going to GameEx just MAME for Hyperspin.

Another cool feature that I did was change the snaps directory for say for example on my Sega CD's to point to my Hyperspin wheel art and so when I scroll thru my games list now the wheel art displays on my secondary monitor using GameExtender which looks alot better than snap images.

I am going to remove the MAME Gameroom Edition themes and will no longer have this feature. Why you ask is because with the recent launch of Hyperpin's HyperLaunch 3 it is so easy to setup MAME and add it to GameEx as an external application and put that under MAME's custom menu. Hyperspin will work perfect with GameEx and then you can have the best of both worlds.

...... I am however still leaving in the MAME theme that you can use that works with the default GameEx setup for MAME which uses the Hyperspin wheels. :)

I was / am really looking forward to the completion of this theme. I therefore have a few questions. Just for my confirmation / understanding ;)

Reading your last posts I understand you'll no longer create custom Mame game themes but will leave in the MAME theme that works with the default GameEx setup. Does this imply..:

1. Mame will look like the picture below with a gamelist and game-icons on the left, a video game snap on the right section of the screen and a hyperspin wheel image of the selected game in the top section of the screen ? (and maybe something in the right bottom section...)

post-10451-0-88170300-1373732333_thumb.j

2. After having selected a Mame game GameEx will look like the picture below (including the different menu options to choose from) ?

post-10451-0-65379300-1373732506_thumb.j

3. When choosing Mame in the "game system menu" GameEx will look like the picture below (including Mame system banner in the top section) ?

post-10451-0-91153200-1373732598_thumb.j

.....And final two not-related Mame questions (so far ;) ):

4. When selecting another system will GameEx look like the picture below ? Gamelist on the left, video game snap on the right, a custom game and sytem banner and art on the top section of the screen and system art on the bottom right section of the screen ?

post-10451-0-89529700-1373732947_thumb.j

5. Since you've stopped creating individual Mame game themes does this mean a final release of the Gameroom theme will be released soon ?

Hope to hear from you....Thanks !

GC

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) That all depends ..... motivation, my mood, real life issues, ect ect .... Lately I haven't done a whole lot with it as I've been setting up Hyperspin (50% done with that), learning and writing AHK scripts, so I have been a bit busy and haven't made the time to work on it thou it's pretty much up and running. Just need to add in the handheld, computer and a few more console systems.

It's coming thou sounds like your looking forward to it. That keeps me motivated thou when I see others interested in having it run on their systems. I might work on it later tonight as I have been learning some new techniques/tricks with Paint.net to help improve with my theme designs. So as you can see I've been a bit busy plus also full-time job and other real life crap that goes on everyday. Somewhere in there I squeeze in sleep, play PS3 and spend time with the wife and cats.

"keeping it retro" is exactly what I like and is making me enthusiastic about your theme :)

A lot of themes lack that retro-feeling. Your theme is therefore perfect ! I hope you will remain enthusiastic in making this into the best theme ever !! Again, looking forward to the final release of this gameroom theme :)

Tonight I added the "Sort by" options to the individual emulators menu. Also redesigned the menu a bit as well as some graphical improvements to the theme. Had to make the menu bar longer as well. So far I have only worked on the NES system but here are a few pics for you to see what it looks like in action!

By adding this to the theme you now have a way to sort thru your lists and it works out pretty good since it's pretty much just like the MAME one I did just enhanced it a bit. Also added red joystick balltops to the arcade units at the top to give it a bit more color with the flow of this theme. Tweaked the Nintendo seal and added in the power/reset button graphics to give it a bit of NES retro feel. One more thing I've upgraded the box images instead of the DVD boxes I'm using the 3D nes box images.

Be nice if it was possible to add the manufacturers banners when scrolling thru the manufacturers list instead of the default NES logo that would look pretty cool.

To enable the "Sort by" option in the theme you will need to have the Database Names enabled and select the appropriate database for your emulator/system.