All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX <<<

Thanks GC!

Well the theme is coming along (60 system themes done!) but still has ways to go to be considered complete. Release date that I am setting for this theme will be on Christmas Day!!

My Christmas present to the GameEx community.

In other news ....

I am picking up a new MadCatz Arcade Stick (Converting it to 4-way) tomorrow on my way home from work to go with my pincab/cocktail cab project. Another upgrade to my system I did recently was replace my keyboard with the SteelSeries APEX another awesome keyboard!! Got this at Best Buy and I like this keyboard alot not only because of the customization with the LED colors but the key graphics are very large which is good for my bad eyes. I don't even need to use my readers to read/see them. Anyways I need to get working on those Pinball Arcade scripts.

• Like 1

Well currently I have the script working outside GameEx but inside GameEx it works up until it selects the table wheel image. For some reason inside GameEx the AHK script won't send the Enter key within the script no matter what I do very frustrating. Still trying to troubleshoot and will report later. :angry:

There is an issue currrently with Pinball Arcade and AHK scripts that I haven't narrowed down so for now I'm putting it on the back burner until I get it resolved.

Note: The strange thing is I can run the script 3x in a row and work perfect and then the next time it doesn't move or press enter when it should very strange. Maybe an issue with AutoHotKey not sure.

Well SOB I think I fixed the issues with the table AHK scripts and so far got it working without any issues. Will have to test it further to make sure it is working without any issues but looks like I'm headed in the right direction now with this. Been scratching my head all day today well part of the day that is trying to figure it out. :)

Ok seems like there is an issue when running the scripts in GameEx. GameEx seems to randomly send extra key commands. When I run the scripts outside GameEx they work perfectly. So again this project is on hold.

Maybe someone else here on the forums that know alot about AutoHotKey can try to tackle it.

What does that have to do with Pinball Arcade btw? ;) or you just curious what Mame version I'm using. I know that is a long shot in the dark but ..... hahaha :lol: or your thinking that has something to do with autohotkey by chance? I don't see how .....

Here is an example of a customized AHK script for PA (running @ 1920x1080) that I was trying. If anyone has any input I appreciate it. I know it's pretty rough around the edges. This one is suppose to load the Attack from Mars tables up to the info page. I used a combination of mouse clicks and keyboard presses.

Run, "P:\Pinball Arcade\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\PinballArcade.exe",,UseErrorLevel
Sleep, 8000
Send {Enter Down}, Send {Enter Up}
Sleep, 1000
MouseClick, left, 1375, 525
send {click down}
sleep, 100
Send {click up}
Sleep, 1000
MouseClick, left, 675, 516
send {click down}
sleep, 100
Send {click up}
Return
ExitApp

I tried something similar to the Pinball FX2 script but it just hangs when I had this in the script:

WinWait, ahk_class PxWindowClass
WinActivate, ahk_class PxWindowClass
WinWaitActive, ahk_class PxWindowClass

So I removed them out of the script and it runs but the keypresses are inconsistent inside GameEx for some bizzare reason. Maybe just maybe I'm thinking could it be the polling rate of my keyboard and /or mouse as I have them both at 1000.

Ok guys been so busy lately messing about with my Pinball setup that I haven't worked on any themes and I need to get my butt in gear as the release date is coming soon.

Today I finished up and completed the Dragon32/64 system! :)

For me I just need to do the wheel art and videos.

What does that have to do with Pinball Arcade btw? ;) or you just curious what Mame version I'm using. I know that is a long shot in the dark but ..... hahaha :lol: or your thinking that has something to do with autohotkey by chance? I don't see how .....

If you don't answer my question, I won't answer yours.

Try turning that feature off and see what happens. You mentioned that you thought that GameEx seemed to be sending extra keys, and if my memory is correct the extra keys are 'O' and 'K'. Before you go off on a rant that it shouldn't affect other emulators, I agree. But again if my memory is correct, it does.

Edit: In case I wasn't clear, this is all based on a memory. :P

Tonight I've updated the menu background graphics. Small touch ups that I've added to enhance the overall feel of the frontend. Also I will be changing the colors or the system selection screen soon so that it looks more apealing instead of orange and green. Stay tuned!