All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX <<<

The only thing with the 2600 theme that I'm not sure is whether to put the 2600 cart console above or below the video preview box. What do you guys think? Above would be more consistent with the rest of the theme as far as the text box placement goes and the title graphics for each game.

Hi Krak !

I've been on a holiday (to Portugal) so I wasn't able to post for a while. You're doing an amazing job with this theme.

I'm really excited to use this on my setup when it's finished ! Great artwork ;)

Keep up the good work :)

How was Portugal my friend?

Glad you still like the new look even thou it has gone thru so many dramatic changes. I guess that's why it's a WIP. :P

I still may revist my old layout (the one you really liked the most) for a future project as it needs alot of work for me to incorporate all that GameEx has to offer ... anyways but what you have seen so far with this theme will be the final product. I am quite pleased with how the layouts are looking and by far the most easiest to create/modify of all the themes I've been working on so far. I made sure that when I was gonna change the layout the next time that I would make everything in the layout customizable. Keep it simple so it wouldn't be such a pain in the @$$ to create or change if I needed too. It may look like it was hard to make but once you start to learn Paint.net and how to use all the plugins alot of those plugins do the hard work for you. :D

Like I said before this theme will install like all the others out there. I've done no trickery with this one and doesn't require any special setup to get it working. On my system I made only one change with the setup wizard and that was under the Text/Language. I changed it to custom and changed the word "Box" to "Game Logo" and then added under each systems custom art section "Box" and added the path to the box paths. The reason for this is because when you goto each game info screen and by default GameEx displays whatever you put in the Image2 in the theme editor will be displayed also for the Box Path in the setup wizard. So for this theme to look the way it does the box path will need to be the Game Logo's (aka Wheel Art) and the create a custom art for the Box images. That's it! Very easy to do and as you can see by the results everything looks great! Here is just a small example on what I'm talking about so you can visually see it. :)

You have to do it this way because if you don't change it and you would select the Box it would display the Game Logo/Wheel Art and not the box. I can't do anything about that as that is how GameEx works currently but I did solve that little problem using the method I described above. Now you can have a Box image and it will display the boxes you setup.

Note: I still need to setup my other custom artwork paths like Box Front ect ect.

Nintendo Famicom Disk System done! :)

*Note: The individual game logos have yet to be completed. The theme is up and running thou as I have only worked on a few of the game logos so far but at least you can see what the theme will look like when it's running. ;)

How was Portugal my friend?

I had a really good time. Thank you buddy :)

I uploaded a few photo's from my holiday in Portugal. If you're interested here's the link

Glad you still like the new look even thou it has gone thru so many dramatic changes. I guess that's why it's a WIP. :P

Your new look is perfect for a HDTV setup. I think it's perfect readable when you're further away from your playscreen. So I will definitely use it in on my (yet to create) HDTV setup.

I still may revist my old layout (the one you really liked the most) for a future project as it needs alot of work for me to incorporate all that GameEx has to offer ... anyways but what you have seen so far with this theme will be the final product. I am quite pleased with how the layouts are looking and by far the most easiest to create/modify of all the themes I've been working on so far. I made sure that when I was gonna change the layout the next time that I would make everything in the layout customizable. Keep it simple so it wouldn't be such a pain in the @$$ to create or change if I needed too.

Nice to hear you will maybe revisit the old layout :)

I fully understand you prefer to use a format which allows you to easily create all the different layout screens of your theme. I have created a few websites and I always use a format for creating my html-pages and CSS layout.

Again I'm looking forward to your completed GameroomEX theme for my HDTV setup.

When you would decide to also revit your old layout I think this will be a theme which I will definitely use on my - yet to build - arcade cabinet ;)

Thanks Krak !

Ok guys I tweaked the game list a little by stretching it a little wider to allow a little more (2 more character) spaces for text. Here is an example using the Intellivision theme. I should of done this before but never paid that much attention to it for whatever reason. I think it looks much better now. :)

Well I updated my master layout so now I gotta go back and fix the other themes. :rolleyes: I know it's not really that much more room with this font size but comparing the game list size before and after I think the after looks a bit more proportional with the theme. Sux now I gotta go back and correct the others but shouldn't take me that much time to do.

GCE Vectrex done and complete! :)

Note: Not sure why the video playback some of them are stretched and others not. I d/l the videos from emumovies and they are the same size. See the difference in the snapshots I posted. Any clues? Kinda annoying I might have to make my own videos to fix this. Outside of GameEx they play the same (size wise) very strange.