All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX <<<

Having a text centering issue with the "Sort by" feature so I am redesigning the themes layout with some new improvements as well. Adding in GimmieClassics Hi-Score RSS feed to the theme as well. Should have it up and running by tomorrow night at least a few themes I hope. I'll post a pic of it then. ;)

Adding in GimmieClassics Hi-Score RSS feed to the theme as well. Should have it up and running by tomorrow night at least a few themes I hope. I'll post a pic of it then. ;)

Thank you Krak for adding the hi-score RSS feed :) Honors go to Adultery for creating this feed for our Hi-Score Competition. I'm very glad he has joined the Hi-Score Competition me and Han have setup :)

Can't wait to try this Gameroom Theme ;)

Good luck with finalizing your theme !

No problem! Here is the new frontend with the RSS Feed. This screen thou will not have the High Score feed as I'll put that on the MAME theme. :)

Had to change the menu graphics so you can use the "Sort by" feature fully without text overlapping the graphics. However you can't justify or center the menu text unfortunately. Changed the framework which includes the new RSS news box. Tweaked the graphics a bit overall. Now that my framework file is done I can start on the emulator themes now.

Yes Adultery has been the awesome! He just released the QuickLaunch Plugin and wow! that works great!!! Should check it out. I use it to add Multi-Monitor support with the help of Display Fusion. So all my monitors can display any image when I run a game and not limited to just 1.

Anyways I'm trying to enable most of the features that GameEx has to offer with this theme and keep it retro as well.

Going to have to update it again to add in the RSS feed. Glad you liked it figured you would. :) I might be adding in the date/time as well as I have an idea for that, but not sure if this theme really needs it unless you guys want it in there same goes with the weather I will leave it out as it kinda doesn't go with this theme really unless of course you think I should add it in.

Ok here is the updated look. Moved the RSS Feed and added in the Date and Time and a few tweaks to the graphics and with an updated Gameroom logo. :)

Now that I think I finally minted the layout I can move on and start working on MAME, Daphne and the rest of the systems.

[uPDATE]

Before I head off to bed I added the banner logos into the theme! ;)

Ok so with the date & time at the bottom I decided to add in the weather icon to see how it would look. I think it will work out nicely between the two and not detract from the overall feel of the theme. ;)

Wow! Just... wow! What are you doing different than me that makes your rss display properly? Mine doesn't always change, sometimes it stays on the main feed no matter what page I'm on.

That looks really nice!!

Hahaha Not sure what your doing but I just put my hi-score feed into the "_scroller" and the "mameselect_scroller" file. :)

Tonight I am finishing up the Visual Pinball theme. This theme I added in the Pinball News RSS feed for this theme. ;)

Hahaha Not sure what your doing but I just put my hi-score feed into the "_scroller" and the "mameselect_scroller" file. :)

Could you perhaps upload your scroller files for Adultery to look at ? I am also having a few issues with this feed as you may have read in the hi-score rss thread ;)

Thanks!

If you like pinball then you should. There are some just amazing Future Pinball tables. If you have multi monitors then it supports that as well as it allows you to put the backglass on any monitor with it's built in multi monitor support.

What do you think is the best Pinball Emulator to use: Future Pinball, Visual Pinball, PinballX (by Tom) or another one ?

From what I understand hi-score support has recently been enabled in PinballX !! This is an option I really like ;)

PinballX is just like GameEx it's a digital pinball frontend for running Visual/Future Pinball tables it's not a sim/emulator. I like both Visual and Future pinball both are totally different thou. Just watch some youtube videos of both to see the difference.

Today I am finishing up the 2600 theme. Using the Atari RSS Feed! :)

• Like 1

My main computer is down as I have been having a few issues with it and so I'm in the process of moving everything over to my backup computer but this one has Win 8 on it so it may be a little while before I get back up and running again.

It's not that bad ... I am already up and running on Win 8 Pro and have GameEx running. Nice thing with these computers I have swapable HD bays so they just plug in without taking the computers apart. Just have to re-install a few programs. My Win 8 computer is just a tad slower than the one that went down, but I swapped the video cards out since the NVidia GTX670 is faster than my ATI HD7870 but that only took a 5 mins.