All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX <<<

Thanks KRC :) ... it's sure been alot of hard work and time to create this theme. Now that I got my framework files finalized ... at least I hope so. :P I can start working on the game and system themes. Here are a couple Daphne game themes I finished tonight Astron Belt and Badlands.

Well sort of..... unfortunately with the limitations of GameEx the individual game themes can't have banners. So with the individual game banners I have incorporated them into the game theme itself if that makes any sense at all.

This is why we need the ability to have more objects to be displayed in our themes. Then I could have individual game banners. Request has already been mentioned a long time ago.

Since KRC mentioned to me about the Gameroom v2 framework file. Attached is the psd file to be able to create the individual game themes. :)

[NOTE]

- The video box will need to be transparent however I made it black so you could create your own borders

around it then you will need to cut out the black box for the video or else the video will not show thru.

- Also I made all the colors white but you can go in and change those colors to whatever you want. You can cut

those colors out as well and make a custom graphical background if you so choose. This theme I made it so

you could customize it much more than the first one. As you can see I even added a bit of dimensions to my

bezels using a plugin in Paint.net.

[uPDATE]

- Fixed the Banner Bezel. Forgot to include the shadowing around the inside of the bezel.

Ok guys I deleted all previous screenshots and the framework file as I am working on a whole new layout and let me tell you I think you will be suprised. Stay tuned as I almost got my layout files done and I am testing it out and should have an updated screenshot soon!

I'm really excited about this as it is 100x better than before. ;)

You want to talk about progression KRC well I think this updated theme will deliver on that thought. :D

Wow, absolutely amazing !!!

I was really hoping you would incorporate a gamelist. I loved everything about your V1 theme apart from not being able to scroll quickly to the system / game of your choice. This is really looking good :) Great work !

3 questions for you...:

1. could you also add the little game-icons when selecting a game ? Like in the screenshot below. That would really make it a perfect theme ;)

post-10451-0-08836900-1371760298_thumb.j

2. When you select a game in your V2-theme will GameEx show the default game menu options like below ? That would be most ideal :) I really like all of these options. Especially the hi-score menu option...

post-10451-0-50708800-1371760397_thumb.j

3. incorporating a hi-score rss-feed would be making it a theme from heaven ;)^_^ . I welcome you to read / follow the discussion about such a feed in the Hi-Score Database Manager thread > link

Hope to hear from you !

GC

[you are, of course, more than welcome to join our Hi-Score Competition :)
It's very simple > choose a game, follow the rules of post #1 of that game and submit your hi-score ;) The more the merrier ---> link ]

@GimmeClassics ...1 & 2 are now implemented! :D

Each MAME game can have it's own theme (just like the original) as you can see I could even change the whole color scheme if I wanted too. Also no more screen flashing (Black) between game themes like the original Gameroom theme did. ;)

I will look into your last request about the rss feeds.

• Like 1

This is looking amazing. Really looking forward to these individual game themes :)

This has a greate chance of becoming my most favorite theme !!!

About the rss feed > just follow the discussion in the thread-link I gave you :) What I last suggested is having / creating a rss-scroller for each game participating in our hi-score competition. Let's wait and see what is possible...

Keep up the good work :)

GC

Here is screenshot of the Atari 2600 theme (WIP). This theme is compatible with Hyperspin's cart wheel images. So you can use those to display your cart labels in this theme. I have also made a ton of custom labels that aren't available even on Hyperspin. The total number of cart labels I have is 637 including Homebrew. :D

@KRC with Tom and the guys working on updating GameEx's Graphic/Theme Engine I decided I didn't want to put a ton of work and effort into the theme and then have to switch over to the new system and start all over. So I am making this much easier to use with all of GameEx features enabled and much more user friendly to setup as well. So you won't have to modify your current setups to get it to work. :)

@GC Well I could do individual themes for the console/handheld/computer systems but I decided against it (see my comments to KRC above why). However MAME will be the only system that will have the ability to do individual game themes at this time.

@KRC with Tom and the guys working on updating GameEx's Graphic/Theme Engine I decided I didn't want to put a ton of work and effort into the theme and then have to switch over to the new system and start all over. So I am making this much easier to use with all of GameEx features enabled and much more user friendly to setup as well. So you won't have to modify your current setups to get it to work. :)

@GC Well I could do individual themes for the console/handheld/computer systems but I decided against it (see my comments to KRC above why). However MAME will be the only system that will have the ability to do individual game themes at this time.

I think just going ahead with MAME Themes and leaving the Console/Handheld/PC game themes out is probably a smart move.

It makes a change seeing a list in your theme's. :P

@Krak: If you could do individual Mame themes I'd be very happy :) Classic games rule !

How do you select the Mame-games for which you create individual themes ? Maybe a bald request but could I (and others) perhaps suggest Mame-games ? :) I'd very much like to see my favorites with a cool individual gametheme ;)

A couple of my favorites. You may already have created themes for some of these games ;)

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr

Donkey Kong 3

Mario Bros.

Circus Charlie

Tempest

Popeye

Mr. Do

R-type

Lady Bug

NitroBall

Burger Time