All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

how do I add borders in project 64

RIP-Felix

When I googled around I only found people tying to get rid of the borders related to PAL roms. I'm using a vertically mounted Screen and want to make project 64 fullscreen without streaching the aspect ratio. So it should have a black border at the top and bottom of the screen with just the game displaying in the middle with original aspect ratio, filling the screen from left to right.

MAME does this automatically, which I love. I'm just wondering if it can be done in project 64, or if I'm stuck with the default windows border. I'm open to other solutions as well, such as making the desktop backgroung black and removing windows borders, so long as it can be run as a command in GameEx before the game loads and return to normal afterwards.

Any ideas?

Hi RIP-Felix! Long time no see. Glad to see ya around!

So I believe the answer to this question will depend on the video plugin you're using for Project64. I have two different versions of Project64 using two different graphics plugins.

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.053

Go to: Options > Configure Graphics Plugin

On the Settings tab and select the appropriate Full Screen Resolution (as your likely aware the system originally ran at 640x480).

Glide64 'Napalm' Public Release 1.22

Go to: Options > Configure Graphics Plugin

On the Config tab select the appropriate Resolution

Click the Wrapper Settings button

Select the appropriate Full Screen Resolution (Note that this one also gives you the opportunity to select the refresh rate, I go with 60Hz)

Good luck Felix. Hopefully the one of the above covers your scenario, but if not it will most likely be some similar derivation of the above.

• Like 1

Also, if null's methods don't work for some reason you could try forcing aspect ratio on your GPU, the settings are different for each manufacturer but for instance on ATI cards go to the monitor section (may be something like DTV - [HDMI]) > Attributes > Enable GPU Scaling > Maintain aspect ratio. NVidia cards have a similar setting but you'll have to use your intiative to find it as i don't own one. As for the integrated intel chips i'm not sure but any modern GPU should support forcing aspect ratio in some way :)

Thanks guys, I downloaded project 64 v2.1. It has an "Aspect Display" function in the graphics config to handle how the game is displayed (eg. automatic (default, works great), stretch (what I don't want with a vertical screen) force 4:3, force 16:9). I went ahead and left it on automatic and set my full screen resolution to the resolution windows is set at. Worked like a charm! Thanks guys, please feel free to mark this topic [Resolved].