All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] New GameEx web site

Tom Speirs

Sweet.. I like the layout and colors. What really got my attention right away was the scrolling ticker saying what people are playing. If you can grab that information, it must not be far off from letting us build buddy lists in the system and let us have 2-way chat or something so we can team up and play some co-op or versus. Really like the ticker. :)

---

UPDATE: My bad, totally forgot about the LIVE page (http://www.gameex.com/live.aspx). Still a pipe dream I guess.

Looking good there Tom :D And i second what others have said - that ticker is very cool indeed! Good clean color scheme too. I have one teenie niggle and it's nothing to do with the design and i hate to criticise a brilliant overhaul in any way - the thumbs on the theme page look a bit gnarly now the previews are bigger, i guess it's probably using the old thumbs and need to be regenerated :) I just mention it because the theme page will probably be one of the first visited once a user has tried/downloaded GE - it's what i do with every program i try :P outstanding work though i like it a lot!

Looking good there Tom :D And i second what others have said - that ticker is very cool indeed! Good clean color scheme too. I have one teenie niggle and it's nothing to do with the design and i hate to criticise a brilliant overhaul in any way - the thumbs on the theme page look a bit gnarly now the previews are bigger, i guess it's probably using the old thumbs and need to be regenerated :) I just mention it because the theme page will probably be one of the first visited once a user has tried/downloaded GE - it's what i do with every program i try :P outstanding work though i like it a lot!

Thanks for the feedback but yeah. Although new theme thumbs are created bigger now.

We will be starting completely fresh with themes anyway with the new engine. We will still be allowing any new upload but older ones will have to be converted to the new format. I will be converting the cream of the crop myself though and making them available.

• Like 1