All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Attract video problem?

RIP-Felix

I'm not sure what is actually happening here.

After a while with GameEX running untouched a windows error message informs me that a destination folder already contains the processed file "...M.A.M.E\Emulator\0.147\ctrlr\hotrod.cfg". Then asks me to replace the file or cancel. It will then extract itself if I choose replace. However, this just reoccurs every time a certain period of time elapses.

I assumed this was the attract video that plays after a while like a screen saver. However I don't know why anything would be self extracting to the MAME folder. Maybe someone already knows what this issue is and how to resolve it.

Ok, I just ran M.A.M.E. 0.147. It seems to run fine. It might be useful to add I'm running win 7 x64.

I decided to take a closer look at the mame file and there was a folder named "26" in it...weird. It contained a clean install of mame 147. I deleted it and reinstalled mame 147 over the old file path. It asked me the same questions as the problem I've been experiencing. I chose to replace all the old files, it finished extracting, and we'll see if it fixes the problem...

Yep that did fix it. Sorry it took awhile to confirm. Feel free to mark this topic resolved.