All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Centipede

not bad, it's not as smooth as I would have hoped, but haven't really had time to play with adjustments. The thing is, I need to find a game trackball that I was real good at so I can get a better "feel". I find that with the homemade ball, I need to remember to apply even pressure and speed. The OEM trackball on the actual cabs allow you to vary it a lot more. Like a spin or flick of the ball would be the same.

Right on. Pinpoint accuracy is pretty important and it is nice to have a trackball that rolls smooth and consisent in all directions.

Another question, what MAME pinball game is the best experience on the BarCade thus far?

Actually, I have PinballX setup WITHIN GameEx so, all Pinball is played through PinballX. As for Pinball System.... Visual Pinball hands down. Pinball FX2 is to "busy" and Future pinball just doesn't do it for me :)

Favorites... All time is TAXI (memories), Attack From Mars, Monster Bash, and Bride of Pinbot :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The spider and the scorpion are the worst enemies in any video game ever (maybe along with that double squiggly line from Tempest).

Another Centipede submission. Nice ! B) ....could you please upload your hi-score screenshot though ? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another one of my favorites I played a lot in the arcades.

Set to hard mode

Using Mame compiled 158

Thanks

That's so cool B) ! ....having played Centipede on a real cabinet. I've never had the oppurtunity unfortunately.

Solid 5th place score. Nice job Garetmax :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Another Centipede submission. Nice ! B) ....could you please upload your hi-score screenshot though ? ;)

Done. Though it looks like it's been beat a couple of times.

Thanks for uploading your screenshot. I've added your 31,376 score (link) to the Centipede board.

...and yes garetmax and I were able to beat your score in the mean time ;) ...good luck improving your score :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a little better score to submit. Just a little more to move up to the next spot.

STC

I use a trackball.

This competition is also about tyring to improve your personal best score....so congrats :)

You've almost beaten ehuonder's hi-score...next victim...GimmeClassics....oh wait, that's me :wacko::P

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if we can accept that score garetmax. The screenshot shows multiple credits were used. Our rules are 1 credit, 1 run. I'm not sure how Centipedes works, sometimes games will reset your score back to 0 if you continue on another credit, others will continue your score. We'll have to investigate this and make a decision soon.

I know I don't have a say, but I think it should be accepted. I don't really understand why the mods only want one credit/ one run. There are no continues on Centipede, so why would it matter if there are multiple credits on the counter for the game?

On games that have continues the one credit/ one run rule should apply.

My 2¢.

M.0.