All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcade cabinet - screen size

GimmeClassics

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to start building a cab. One important decision I have to make is what size of monitor to use.

I'd like to hear what you guys use as a monitor: size and resolution -_-

Thanks in advance ! :)

GC

Hello GC! :)

First off, congrats on making the decision of building a cab! One thing I've learned throughout the process of building mine, is that it has been well worth the time and money invested.

What I use as a monitor is a 26" LED. There are a few main reasons why I decided to go this route: First, a 26" TV fit comfortably in my cab and provided a big enough screen. Second, it used less electricity, which gave off less heat. And last, it hooked up directly to my video card via HDMI.

Oh, and it was a plus not to use an original arcade monitor - I understand that using an original arcade monitor gives a more original look, but I find it a little bit of a drawback because of the electricity it uses and the fact that if ya accidentally touch the wrong place - zapp!!! Lol

Congrats again, and please let me know if ya need any advice on future decisions for it...and btw, I have a video in the Social Club section of my hardware setup - it's a little older, and more stuff has been added, but it might help ya along the way.

Good luck and I hope this helps!!

LC