All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mame Update List Problem

REconstructible

Hello to all,

I have some trouble with Mame emulator. I tried (emulators with the same game versions):

-mame regular

-mameui32

-mame

-mameplus

-mameuifx32

The problem is that, when I run emulators and audit games, I do not have any problem (also I can play games). But when I tried to updatelist via gameex, gameex could not able to find any verifyable roms. The final emulator that I tried is mameuifx32 (.148 version).

Can you please help me with this issue.,

Thanks

ps: sorry for my lack of english

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Try turning off the Verify Sets option.

I had done to turn off the Verify Sets, but I had no luck:
01:54:13.3 03.03.2013: Updating MAME Game List
01:54:13.3 03.03.2013: Running: C: C:\Emulators\Mame\mameuifx32.exe -listxml > C:\Emulators\Mame\listinfo.dat
01:54:29.7 03.03.2013: Opening Listinfo.dat
01:54:31.2 03.03.2013: Reading ListInfo.dat
01:54:41.4 03.03.2013: Reading ListInfo.dat - DONE
01:54:41.4 03.03.2013: Total verifyable roms: 0
01:54:41.4 03.03.2013: Processing ListInfo.dat
01:54:52.1 03.03.2013: Listinfo.dat Processing Complete
I am trying this thing like 3 weeks without any success. only thing that I can understand is that while opening it writes Listinfo.dat, but when reading ListInfo.dat is used, "i" "I" can uppercase be a problem (I am not using english windows and in my country i and I are two different letters).
Is there anything I can do to work Mame emulator properly? If I setup mame under emulated games section (like the other emulators) I have no problem finding games. But at that time titles are problem.

Hi there,

Apart from the log listing no errors from listinfo.dat i doubt it is the culprit. I am by no means an expert but my list is fine.

Try these settings (which are mine) and see what happens:

Only Working - Yes

Allow Imperfect - Yes

Verify - No

Only Existing - Yes

Remember you must Update List within GameEx after making these sorts of changes :) It will be in MAME>bottom-of-list

-EDIT- i also notice you are using a non-standard version of MAME. This can open up a whole can of worms :wacko: Have you tried using/compiling vanilla MAME? It works very well! Not just within GameEx but in general :D

-EDIT 2- ok i re-read your original post and see you used vanilla MAME twice at least, which brings me to another question: do your roms match your version of MAME?

I'm just trying to clarify things in order to get you a better response ;)

Hi there,

Apart from the log listing no errors from listinfo.dat i doubt it is the culprit. I am by no means an expert but my list is fine.

Try these settings (which are mine) and see what happens:

Only Working - Yes

Allow Imperfect - Yes

Verify - No

Only Existing - Yes

Remember you must Update List within GameEx after making these sorts of changes :) It will be in MAME>bottom-of-list

-EDIT- i also notice you are using a non-standard version of MAME. This can open up a whole can of worms :wacko: Have you tried using/compiling vanilla MAME? It works very well! Not just within GameEx but in general :D

-EDIT 2- ok i re-read your original post and see you used vanilla MAME twice at least, which brings me to another question: do your roms match your version of MAME?

I'm just trying to clarify things in order to get you a better response ;)

Dear DazzleHP,

Thank you for your assist on this issue, my roms match with emulator versions. As you said, I used original Mame but when I have trouble I tried other emulators (but) with no luck :(. I have updated every time after setup. Also I uninstall and install gameex several times as well :). In my opinion I am

missing a tiny thing that I can not see :)

The controller is on its way, I hope the problem will be resolved before it arrives :)

Thanks all for your help.

Hello to all,

I resolved my problem. I think, as I said, the problem is (what I think of) the Windows language. I tried all solutions on forums (on Gameex) but I had no solution. Then I tried to change Windows default language but as I said on my previous messages, my Windows (Vista) is in Turkish and I have no solution because of non ability to change language on my installed Windows. Then I bought and installed Windows 8 (in english) and then when I installed gameex, I have no problem (the destination folders are the same as previous) with Mame games. I am neighter a computer engineer nor a coder but what I think is the problem is the difference of language. Please check the iterations again because in Turkish, i and I are 2 seperate letters.

Also thank to Tempest and Dazzle HP for your helps for solution on my problem.