All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Steam issue

Ptinolv

Hello,

Have a problem with the new steam function. My steam games appear correctly (jamestown and SSFIVAE), and i can launch them fine. But after 30 seconds gameex appears on front as if i had quit the game (but the game is still running). I dont seem to be able to keep the focus on the game as gameex keeps coming back even if the game is running, Does anyone has the same issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ptinov

Does this happen for all games or just select ones? It's likely that the games behaving in this fashion will need a custom config. We've been fairly decent about creating configs for some of the popular games, but since Steam has such a vast library of games it's nigh impossible to account for every game. This can get a bit technical, but it's not terribly complex.

1. Verify that the problematic games run GameOverlayUI.exe when they're launched (this is the ingame overlay typically accessed with the tab key). Most Steam games do, but there are a handful that don't. I think you also need to enable this in your Steam settings (Steam > Settings > In-Game > Enable Steam Community In Game). If the game doesn't launch the overlay process it will need a custom config. The configs are stored in media\steam\configs in your GameEx directory and are created when you launch the game. You will need to set the overidewaitprocess setting to something else, most likely to the game executable itself.

Hopefully that answer is descriptive enough. I can expound on that a bit more if necessary, but that's the nuts and bolts of it. Remember to back up your files before making edits. Hopefully this should put you on the right track.

[my2cents] I can confirm Jamestown atleast works through gameex here and does infact use the overlay.

Do you have notifications on in the Steam client? Settings>Interface>bottom checkbox.

I doubt it has any affect but that steam nofication window has messed with other programs for me in the past hence it is switched off :P & you just never know with these things so thought i'd throw it out there [/my2cents]

Thanks for the answers. I didn't know it was using the steam overlay and I turned it off (as I won't use it on my arcade) . I put it back and it seems to be working now.

Can I customize the launch before and after options messing with the steam config files?

Can I customize the launch before and after options messing with the steam config files?

Best not to alter the default wrappers as when these are updated with each release of GameEx your customization's may be overwritten.

There is however a WRAPPERS2 folder in the \GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM folder fell free to add your own exe or batch file in here and GameEx will launch it along with the game. Just call the exe the same as the steamid for the game.

Easiest way to find out the id is to right click the game in Steam and choose create desktop shortcut, check the properties for the shortcut and it will point to something like steam://rungameid/50620

50620 is the id for Darksiders

Edited by nullPointer
This topic has been marked as RESOLVED and is now closed. Please begin a new thread if you are experiencing any similar issues.
  • Like 1