All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Aimtrak lightguns in snes9x?

thurmansevolution

Hello and good afternoon!

I'm finally, somewhat back lol, at least for a little while. Lately, I've been starting on building a racing arcade cab (which it's come a long way so far, software-wise), planning the wedding and honeymoon later this year, and even booked a trip to Disney for next January. :)

Anyway, lol, on to the subject at hand - I ordered two lightguns from arcadelightguns.com, which uses the "aimtrak technology". The guns work great, and was easy to calibrate in windows. Mame was a little bit of a challenge though - only for the fact of certain games such as Revolution X, Terminator 2, Space Gun, etc didn't really use "light guns", and took a little while to figure out, but after a little trial and error, got things running pretty smoothly :).

Here is the issue I'm having - I'm trying to configure the light gun to work as a superscope in snes9x. (I'm using v. 1.5.3) The trigger button and aiming do work well. The emulator detects the other two buttons, except for when playing a game. I've tried to map these two buttons for the pause and turbo in the hotkey config, but neither work when playing a game. (I've even pressed "," for the emulator to display what buttons were pressed, and nothing registered in game).

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile - so long that I'm close to pulling the rest of my hair out lol.

The other question, is do you know how to configure the "cursor" button in snes9x (for the superscope)? I haven't found that option yet in the emulator software.

I understand that this question doesn't really pertain to GameEx, but thanks in advance for any help!! :)

LC

Hey i have done this,

However i can not remember i am currently re installing my entire machine, (this takes asges)

If no one ahs given you an answer by the time i get to it i would be mroe then happy to assist!

But it is possible so dont give up.

I was using 2x aimtracks in Namco Recoul guns

Thanks!! :)

I have found out half of what to do lol. I remapped my right click mouse button to the arcade light guns 3rd button (on back of the gun). I think that the right click mouse button represented the cursor button in the snes9x emulator - not 100% sure of that though. It so far works with most of the games, just have to figure out how to map the turbo button to the gun lol.

LC

I had a quick go at setting this up when I received my AirTrak. After seeing it wasn't going to be straight forward I added it to my todo list but never got around to looking at it again.

Keep this thread updated with your progress as I'll definitely be wanting to make use of it.