All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

About Blogs...

DazzleHP

Hi all! :D

So, I'm a bit shy, but i have lots of things to say - some may consider them valid, others may not. But i see the GE forum has a blog feature - and the only blog is Adultery displaying a rather humorous convo with Tom ^^ My question ultimately is: If i start a blog will it be there for the long haul? Because i don't think i would say much if it wasn't, in my opinion, worth saying.

I've wanted to blog bout things since the beginning of time (for most of us about 5 years ago) but i'm not terribley sociable, i'm not into facebook n twitter etc. Could an old school enthusiast keep a blog going?

-EDIT- Would anyone even be interested in some heated rants from a frustrated old school gamer?!

Edited by DazzleHP

Hey mate,

Of course no guarantees but the current plan is to continue to fund the forum even if it expands a lot. Its been here since 2005. In terms of interest I don't really know. If it was interesting I don't see why not and we like

old school gamers here ;)

EDIT: In terms of Sociable and Facebook I am the same.. Do you find GameEx interesting?

I had a blog on my Home Server but it's kinda fallen into ruin. I was real active on it for about a month, updating it daily like a journal. Trouble was, nobody knew about it, and I included links to it in my forum signatures and everything. I think I've had like 4 hits since I started it. So I kinda gave up on it. Nobody was really interested in the crap I talked about. It also became a hassle to just go back every now and then just to make a post. Just didn't see the need to.

Also you wont know until you try so I would say go for it and give it a go. The worst that could happen is you might get little feedback. I would really like you to host it here and if you want to please give it a go. You will be in safe hands. Feel free to link back to it to etc.

Thanks for the encouragement Tom! :D That has definately swayed it a little more to the "hell, i'm gonna do it!" side hehe

I had a blog on my Home Server but it's kinda fallen into ruin. I was real active on it for about a month, updating it daily like a journal. Trouble was, nobody knew about it, and I included links to it in my forum signatures and everything. I think I've had like 4 hits since I started it. So I kinda gave up on it. Nobody was really interested in the crap I talked about. It also became a hassle to just go back every now and then just to make a post. Just didn't see the need to.

Yeah this is why i have never tried one of the blogging sites - you got to get the traffic otherwise you're just writing to yourself ^_^ something i don't need to do as i have debates with myself all day in my head :P

I enjoy reading rants and blogs and honestly with the group around here, it might just spark and catch like wildfire. I look forward to reading what you got Dazzle.

That's exactly what i was thinking! I'm a gamer through and through, it's a passion! And i'm assuming most people who regular these parts are gamers too - and some may be just as passionate as me about them. With a blog feature built right into the forum and no one really using it i thought why not? seeing as i've made myself a little home here :)

...I can't believe you guys called me out on this! lol

I may well just give it a shot you know... keep an eye out ;)