All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Menu Structure

UpoK

Hi again, my second question. Although I managed this with the first format or my cabinet software, I can't get it right the second time. Well it was almost 3 yeast ago...

I'm using MAME and zinc as the only emulators on the system. The games seems to run in their respective menu positions.

Still on my clean menu system. I want the following:

Start Page

All Games (must include all the games from MAME & Zinc)

Favourite Games (sorted...)

Last Played (sorted...)

Most Played (sorted...)

Fighting Games (have all fighting games from MAME & Zinc)

2D Platform Games (have all 2d platformers from MAME)

etc.

Shut Down (sorted...)

I know I have to do the groupings myself, but how to I set up this structure? Firstly the grouping and secondly to run all the game menus from the start page....

Any tutorial or guidance would be appreciated

Thanks so far...

To combine MAME and Zinc lists you'll want to use the appropriate settings in the Setup Wizard. See here for further details.

In order to pull off the rest of this organizational structure, you'll be looking at creating your own custom menus. Regular forum contributor DazzleHP has created an excellent tutorial for getting started with Custom Menus. It's been a while since I've opened up the custom menu editor, but you should be able to accomplish the remainder of the organizational goals you describe here using that tool.

Good luck man!

• Like 1