All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

playstation cue with multiple bins (tracks) fixed

thechadisgr8

in case this has not been posted before i would like to share how to fix the problem of loading games with a cue and multiple bins. it will involve downloading 2 free softwares

1) daemon tools lite

2) imgburn

simply mount your original cue with demon tools and use img burn to create new bin/cue and it will merge all the bins into one set

step 1) open daemon tools and set up the virtual drive (if needed) and drag your original cue to that virtual drive, that will mount it

step 2) open imgburn and click on create image from disk, pick your virtual drive and make sure you have selected bin from the pull down save as and click the disk to file icon (bottom left)

step 3) play your newly created bin/cue

good luck and have fun

PLEASE COMMENT ON IF IT HELPED OR NOT

• Like 2

Nah, it's always awesome to have users sharing knowledge like this. Thanks for taking the time. I certainly hadn't considered this approach before, so good on ya! TBH I simply hadn't encountered this issue before, so when I first saw your post it was a solution in need of a problem (in terms of my current gaming habits). Having said that, it will be great knowledge to have should I encounter this issue in the future. Thanks again for sharing chadisgr8.

• Like 2

in case this has not been posted before i would like to share how to fix the problem of loading games with a cue and multiple bins. it will involve downloading 2 free softwares

1) daemon tools lite

2) imgburn

simply mount your original cue with demon tools and use img burn to create new bin/cue and it will merge all the bins into one set

step 1) open daemon tools and set up the virtual drive (if needed) and drag your original cue to that virtual drive, that will mount it

step 2) open imgburn and click on create image from disk, pick your virtual drive and make sure you have selected bin from the pull down save as and click the disk to file icon (bottom left)

step 3) play your newly created bin/cue

good luck and have fun

PLEASE COMMENT ON IF IT HELPED OR NOT

I'm looking for some clarification on this. What is the use? Are you saying I could take Final Fantasy VII, which has 3 discs - meaning 3 .cue's and 3 .bin's - and merge them all into 1 .cue file, that would play the 3 .bin files? If that is what you're saying, how would I play the individual discs?

If that is not what you're saying, can you give an example of what you would do with this?

I ask simply because I have multi bin files loading fine with dt lite. I know they won't load in pSX or ePSXe but they do work in PCSX-R and XEBRA. I use a separate set of single bin/cues specifically for those emulators that do not play well with the multi's. I was wondering if anything was lost in the conversion from multi > single and if it would affect the accuracy of the rip in any way.

I navne't noticed any diffwrence, but to e honest i haven't played it a whole lot i've been in gameex sentup mode for the past week and a half :-) but everything seeems to run fgine, no missing music etc.... give it a try its a real fast process, i dont think it effects emulators just burning not having the extra tracks

I don’t think so. You might be looking for something along the lines of the disc combining kits created by Shalma a while back. With his ‘kits’ you could combine multi-disc PlayStation games into a single disc image. I always thought it was a really cool project. I was able to successfully combine several multi-disc games, but I didn’t play through any of the resultant images long enough to reach a point requiring a disc change operation. My understanding is that his kits removed the ‘change disc’ screens, and that game play simply continued as if the change had taken place where those screens would have appeared.

The problem I ran into with this approach was that the resultant images were very large whereas the PlayStation hardware (and by proxy nearly any emulator of that hardware) was only ever designed to play CD-ROMs. The disc combining kits created images much larger than a standard CD-ROM (I believe the images were formatted as DVD5), so they could cause some funny glitches in emulation. Shalma also created a special branch of ePSXe (called ePSXe_shark) capable of playing the combined images, so there is that (actually several of his shark enhancements found their way into the 1.8 release of ePSXe to my understanding). In the end I went back to using single (uncombined) disc images instead and started development on SwitchDisc to handle multi-disc games.

• Like 1