All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Nestopia Configuration Questions

retrogamer32

I have two quick questions about setting up Nestopia....

1. How do I get Nestopia to launch in full screen? Every time I open a rom I still have to click on full screen.

2. Is there any way to save my controller input in Nestopia? Every time I close then re-open Nestopia I have to reprogram the config input on my NES retrolink controller.

...If not is there a better NES emulater to use that will solve these problems?

Thanks for the help!

I have two quick questions about setting up Nestopia....

1. How do I get Nestopia to launch in full screen? Every time I open a rom I still have to click on full screen.

2. Is there any way to save my controller input in Nestopia? Every time I close then re-open Nestopia I have to reprogram the config input on my NES retrolink controller.

Thanks for the help!

1. In Nestopia

• Options
  • Preferences
  • Switch to fullscreen on startup
  • OK

2. Unsure of this problem as it would require some testing. Maybe someone with more knowledge can jump in.

Thanks for the help!

Perhaps you can describe how you are currently attempting to set and save your input settings? All your nestopia settings are stored in nestopia.xml, so that may (or may not) provide a clue as to what's happening.

Hey,

Nestopia re-writes the xml file as it exits, so, if you make changes to Nestopia's configuration and then set the xml file's read-only attribute while Nestopia is still running your changes will not be saved.

1. Make your changes to Nestopia,
2. Exit Nestopia,
3. Set read-only attribute on xml file.

Problem 1: Solved!

Problem 2:

I set up the controller by going to "Options" then i hit "Set" or "Set All" under the "Mapping Menu". I then enter in all the buttons into menu. And the controller works. When i exit the program and re-enter the program i have to reset again.

How do i go about setting the read-only attribute on xml file. I don't even knw where that file is loacated.

To set the nestopia xml as read only navigate to where nestopia is located and the nestopia.xml is there, right hand click and go to properties and tick read only and press ok, it should now always have the same configuration.