All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME PACKS] >>> Gameroom Themes <<<

Krakerman

Around 113 so far. I've mainly been doing MAME themes. I think starbuck said he's done over 200 which I think he's now interested in trying to create his own theme now. :)

The problem with this theme is mainly storage issues I think for everyone to share there themes. Dropbox is one way to do it and also they have a iPad/iPhone app and an Android app for it as well.

Very early on in the thread Adultery mentioned that you guys could use the FTP here for storage. I hope that you take him up on that, as I hate to see links used that may be broken later. Also, it is hard find anything scattered throughout a thread. .

If I could help with organization in any way, I would be willing to try and help. It would be a simple task to create a script to list all systems, with a list of games that each system supports and a checkbox to indicate what has been completed. If you guys end up using FTP I think that I could have the list update itself as to what has been completed and what needs to be done.

The work that you are attempting is staggering, and I applaud all three of you for work!

• Like 1

Naw, still making themes, work just kicking my butt right now with the holidays. Don't want my own theme, trying to understand them to see if there is any way to improve on the way we use these themes. Have made only about 10 more since my last post. I'm up for the FTP if and when it can be used. Thanks to Tempest and Adultery for their help. Think I have found away where the themes work in anyones themes. After I play with the idea some more I'll post a video.

@Tempest Thanks! Any help or ideas you have are more than welcome. :D

Adultery has helped me with the FTP that is where I am currrently storing my themes for you guys to d/l so many many thanks to him for that ;) . I might need to organize the directory structure soon to keep the themes better organized in folders for each system. I might need Adultery to step in and see what he thinks about this or how much space we can have to store these themes as it can get quite large over time.

I know how you think about the themes being scattered thru a thread Tempest but I didn't know of any other way to let the community know where to d/l them when I had each one ready or for to see anyone elses work for this theme. I like being able to post a snapshot of the themes in action so you can see what the pack will look like.

Any ideas on how to improve this?

I know how you think about the themes being scattered thru a thread Tempest but I didn't know of any other way to let the community know where to d/l them when I had each one ready or for to see anyone elses work for this theme. I like being able to post a snapshot of the themes in action so you can see what the pack will look like.

Any ideas on how to improve this?

The snapshots are great. I would just like to see the finished themes stored on a server under our control, and not depend on a third party. I'm sure you know that the FBI took down MegaUpload. I would not want to lose your work because of something like that happening to other upload sites.

Call me paranoid if you want. :-)

Yeah for me I wouldn't use those sites just for those reasons and for all the crap alot of times you have to go thru like ad pop ups and wait times. Well for now Adultery has the themes setup on the ftp currently. My work will not be lost if I can help it as I also have an emergency backup HD that is offline so in case my system HD goes bad I have a backup.

Let me know if, when and how I can access the FTP and I'll start upping my themes as they are finished. Currently working on N64, TG-16, NES, SMS, Sega 32X, model 3, SNES, Deamcast and Atomicwave. Have done some of each in order to have them working under Gameroom. Work's been hertic lately so have only done about 20 more. Can't upload without deleting existing ones.