All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Steam artwork, double entry & missing entry

DazzleHP

Solution: Make sure you have the right codecs installed - particularly .flv support!

Hi chaps and chapettes,

I read somewhere in another post that given time all artwork will eventually appear in the Steam section, however i've had gameex installed on my new rig for around a week now and i only have artwork for 5 out of 30 games installed - the same 5 that appeared almost instantly after fresh install. Yet the snaps show on my GE-Card (check out torchlight II snap in my sig).

Games that are showing artwork:

eXceed 1, 2 & 3

Mafia II

Half-Life II EP1

Also i have a double entry for Metro 2033 (see screenshot) and Half-Life II EP2 is missing altogether. I screenied my steam client to prove it actually is installed and present.

I'm stumped on this one guys and appreciate that Steam integration is a new feature so kinks are expected.

For duplicate and missing entries try the following:

Close Steam then rename ...\Steam\config\config.vdf to config.old

Open Steam again and Steam will create a new config.vdf

This previously fixed it for me when I was testing for Tom

As for the missing artwork:

Delete ...\GameEx\DATA\steamdata.ini

and anything in the following directories

...\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\BOX

...\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\SNAP

...\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\VIDEO

GameEx will then read you new vdf and start again, creating it's database and snaps

• Like 1

Delete ...\GameEx\DATA\steamdata.ini

and anything in the following directories

...\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\BOX

...\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\SNAP

...\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\VIDEO

Thanks Stu, but something weird is going on here!! I did what you suggested and it worked - apart from HL2-EP2 was still missing (not sure what's up with that!) - all artwork started to appear and metro had one entry.

However i then quit gameex to start fraps and take another screenshot after which all the artwork that appeared just seconds before was gone again, showing only for the exact same 5 games as mentioned before! :o

The strange thing is all the artwork is there! check screenies:

Sussed it! Since building my new rig i hadn't yet re-installed my codecs, so no flv support. So i went ahead and installed them now everything works fine :D How on earth this affected the banners not displaying correctly i do not know :wacko: Mafia II was an AVI and the eXceed series only had snaps, no vid so that would explain why they showed.

Still stumped as to why the banners weren't showing when they were clearly present, maybe one of you guru's can explain that one :P

Will mark resolved. Thanks for your time as always guys :)

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.