All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> KrakOSX <<<

Krakerman

Glad you guys like it. :) I had a MacPro but I gave that one to my wife when I bought my current system. But thought why not try something different and had some ideas in my head.

Here is a preview of what I am doing for the systems with the 5200 being the first that I am working on.

• Like 1

Looking good Krak! I really like the 'clean' aesthetic you're going for here. It's a bit early to say, but this may end up being my favorite of your themes. And that's saying something considering your quality work in the past! :)

Just out of curiosity, are you pretty well set on the choice of fonts?

@nullPointer the font is an Apple font that I am using. Why do you ask?

@KRC I was thinking of sticking with one background to keep it simple plus it would be much faster to complete this theme but I thought that might be too boring.

What do you guys think? ... Should I use different ones for each system or just stick with one?

• Like 1

By the looks of these snaps I would go with individual backgrounds but that's entirely up to you :P

Perhaps Red bg for Nintendo systems, blue bg for Sega etc... , as you mentioned though individual backgrounds is more effort but a better outcome.

Whichever path you choose I have a good feeling this theme will be a killer :)

@nullPointer the font is an Apple font that I am using. Why do you ask?

@KRC I was thinking of sticking with one background to keep it simple plus it would be much faster to complete this theme but I thought that might be too boring.

What do you guys think? ... Should I use different ones for each system or just stick with one?

I was thinking it might be an Apple font. Main reason I ask is purely down to aesthetic.. I tend to favor sans serif fonts for graphic design work, but that's just a matter of personal preference. The font looks just fine. Carry on! :)

I gotta say, I really like KRC's idea of a few different backs, but not necessarily one for every system under the sun (mainly to preserve your sanity! ;))

@nullPointer I will check out a few other fonts (Yours as well) before I go any further and see what the results look like.

@KRC Yes I was already going with that idea as far as colors go.

Well it seems like no matter what new theme I create at first I think it's going to be simple but then it turns into alot of work. For example the box/cart info tab for the Atati 2600/5200 system all have to be custom for each game. Because you can see the effects that I did for them instead of just displaying a plain old box image on the tab. I like my results better I think as it adds more pop to the theme. It just takes more time to create all the images to complete each theme especially when we are talking 100's or even 1000's of games. For me I don't mind putting in the work as I like doing this and if you guys like the effects then it's worth it but I know it going to take me longer to put the theme out to you guys. I think I just need to find a balance I suppose so you don't have to wait forever for me to release a theme. With Gameroom and the KrakOSX theme it's going to keep me busy for some time. :rolleyes:

Like I say, the font thing is purely an aesthetic choice. If you like the way it looks run with it. Find your bliss baby! :)Serif fonts are used a lot in print media, so many people subconsciously associate serif type fonts with news print (as an example). As a result graphic designers often use sans-serif fonts for graphical text work in order to disassociate the 'exciting' graphical work from the 'stodgy' news print (you see this a lot in advertising).

It's certainly not a universal rule, so find what you like and run with it!