All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Need some help game ex with Esc.

Superyoyo90

Hi Game ex is working graet but I maybe being some what picky but the emulators Dolphin and Nestopia after I hit Esc. it will go back to Exit yes or no before going back to game ex so they work ok its just that 3 sec. is there a way to skip that? or a work around or command line to just be black till it goes back to game ex? or I'm I being to picky?

Open up Nestopia and go to

Options > Preferences in the menu.

You should notice a checkbox labeled Confirm Exit.

If you uncheck that checkbox you should be good to go for Nestopia.

I'm not too sure on Dolphin, but I'll do some investigation. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar setting there as well.

For Dolphin you may or may not have success with this setting (Dolphin isn't an emulator I've gotten around to installing)

There already is the

Display->Confirm On Stop

option which, when using ESC or the Stop button, opens a dialog window asking you whether to confirm you want to exit the emulation.

It will neither pause the game nor show a dimmed background, though...

Let us know if this works out for you! :)

Awesome! Glad you got everything sorted out Superyoyo!

If I may be so bold, I would request one favor of you. As users solve their issues, we like to take a ‘pay it forward’ approach. One way you can do this is to mark your threads as [RESOLVED] once you have resolved the reported issue to your satisfaction. In this way future users will also potentially benefit from your ingenuity, in that they are able to quickly find solutions to similar problems.

In order to mark your thread as [RESOLVED] you edit your first post, and choose “Use Full Editor”. From the full editor screen you will be able to change the title of your thread. This thread would be altered like so: [RESOLVED] Need some help game ex with Esc. Obviously, this is not a requirement, but does serve to help out any future users with a similar problem.

Thanks! You rock! And if no one has mentioned it yet, welcome to the forums! :D

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.