All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Merc With a Mouth - Coming to a Game Platform Near You

nullPointer

So yeah, I'm a bit of a comic book nerd. And my favorite character has always been Deadpool - bet you'd never guess from my user icon (although I've been re-reading several classic runs of Batman on my Galaxy Tab lately, and absolutely digging it). So the giddy fan-boy in me was super-pumped when I saw this news from ComicCon:

WARNING: This content is fairly NSFW (just as Deadpool should be)

Things I'm pumped about:

• If the in game combat is anything like seen here, it will be great (hopefully they don't mess it up with shoddy controls)
  • They seem to "get" the spirit of the character for the most part, including the yellow dialog boxes, inner voices, breaking the 4th wall, etc.

Things that I'm not pumped about:

• The voice work to me seems very m'eh. It's not at all the 'voice' I'd give the character (if only they'd have consulted me :lol:).
  • The character model seen here is too shiny some how? (Despite the fact that his costume seems to be made out of corduroy and pleather?)
  • Not enough Bea Arthur. :ph34r:

Yay!

Edit: Actually as I watch this trailer a few more times, I'm a bit concerned that the developers are confusing the character of Deadpool with Duke Nukem. Seems to me you could drop the Duke into any one of the scenes above, and it would still work (right down to that voice). Both of those characters are great and all, but they're definitely not interchangeable in any sense. I guess I'm a bit trepidatious that they might screw this up, but let's be honest they can probably already count on getting my money (damn my fanboy-ism anyway!).