All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Video card recommendations?

MNMax21

Okay, I might've made a slight mistake in planning. I built my cabinet and have a 4 player control panel. I love it, but I recently got involved with downloading pinball games from VP. I have got them all working now. However, I think my on board video is really holding back the experience. I end up having the pinball disappear at certain points of every table and the graphics almost look like they're ghosting slightly. It has almost a pixelated look to some parts of the table.

I have a HP Compaq CQ5826. It has a AMD Athlon II X2 3.20 Ghz processor (It's a A3 socket, mATX tower) and an onboard ATI Radeon HD 3000. I bought this on the cheap and will end up needing to buy a new motherboard (lack of slots) in order to upgrade my video. I would like to keep the processor if possible and just switch out the motherboard and upgrade the graphics card. I am wondering if anyone can give me a good recommendation on a middle of the road video card?? I really only use this machine for Gameex, MAME and VP/FP Pinball.

I use a 32" LCD TV

I got up sold at Micro Center. I picked up a new MB, AMD FX processor, + 4 MB RAM, power source and a GTX 460. The motherboard has bluetooth and the USB ports are always on for charging... even if the systems off. All for under $300, which was sweet.

Well, I managed to spend $1200 of her money and none of mine! The bad thing is now I want to build a new computer for myself because the one I built for her boots in 12 seconds and mine takes about 40 seconds. Plus the case is nicer than mine.